chapter 10 | After life

"I hate getting flashbacks from things that I don't want to remember"

____

It's been about a month since I was resurrected from my grave and brought into the Akatsuki by Itachi Uchiha. I am still recovering from my injuries that Itachi caused when he cut off my arm and stabbed my stomach. Just thinking about the pain made you cringe.

I have only met one other Akatsuki member other than Itachi and that was kisame. Although he only ever brought me meals and didn't seem interested, I still appreciated it. Itachi traps me in a genjustu every day and it has become a chore now. They have been messing with my memories and I find it hard to tell how I used to act around my old friends. He made me seem so cold and that I was a killer but in my heart I knew that couldn't truly be who I am. At least that's what I want to think.

As I was deep in my thoughts Itachi barged into the room and stood there staring. "I know let's just get this over with." You whined as you fell on your pillow displeased. Itachi only stared longer and finally stepped close to your bed.

"I'm not here for that today. I've come to ask you a simple question." Itachi said as he looked down at you.

——

You looked up at him confused but figured it's better that getting tortured. You stared at him a little and noticed his soft yet blank face. You could say that he was actually quite the looker. 'Ah! This is sasukes evil brother I can't think like this!' Panic was written all over your face but Itachi continued what he was going to ask.

"As in question, it's more of a demand." He stated.

You looked at him waiting for him to go on. "You will train under me and I will make you strong. Strong enough to be able to participate in regular missions with other akatsuki members."

You looked at him in shock. You expected to be used by them but not join their group entirely. "I don't know if I could do that. The training I'm fine with since I have nothing else to do, but joining is a whole other story. I don't want to betray my village." You replied trying to look stern but really shocked that you might be forced to kill.

Itachi only continued on ignoring your shocked facade. "You will join the Akatsuki. You will train for 3 years or until I think you are ready. You have no right to refuse and no need to worry about your village any longer. You are dead to everyone you know and love and Soon enough will be forgotten."

You looked at him in anger, you knew he was a monster but you weren't ready to let go of your past life yet. It was time you accepted your new one. This will be the only way to see Naruto and Sasuke again. You missed the too much not to try. With confidence you looked up at Itachi "I'll do it. I'll train with you and join the Akatsuki."

In his mind he knew that you only did this to see your friends again, but he knew he would use you for Sasuke and make him kill you. Itachi then nodded at you and said "your training starts tomorrow at dawn. There will be no mercy so you will become stronger."

You only nodded trying to look at this at a positive thing. you could be strong enough to one day get out. You needed to protect naruto and find Sasuke. 'Sasuke why did you leave dammit. Even after what I told you.' You wished Sasuke had listened but you knew how persistent and strong naruto is so you just had to put your trust in him until you were able to see them once more.

By now Itachi had already left your room leaving you alone. You were determined to become one of the strongest kunoichi that have ever lived. 'I can't be weak I have to become stronger than them all.'
You had no idea where this blood thirst urge was coming from. But in the back of your mind it must have been the effects of Itachis genjustu. You were scared to remember the good times in your past with your friends so you decided to shut them out and create a new mindset of just training. 3 years would be a long time to try and forget about them and not let them make you lose focus so you cut them from your mind. Your eyes went dull as you started to train you brain in going blank on past memories. This will be a long 3 years.

——

Itachi was walking down the hall to go meet the leader of the Akatsuki pein ti I form him on you. He arrived at the door and knocked lightly. He heard a deep Come in and opened the door. "Pein ______ has agreed on taking up training and joing once she is strong enough."

Pein nodded approvingly. "She will be a fine member I can see it. But her power might be more than we know. Her family line is something we must look into further to unlock all of her true power. I believe we could create our own monster." Pein stated.

"I will look into it and her history deeper. She is important for the future." Itachi said blankly. Pein looked at him and nodded.

"Then I'll leave this matter in your hands. I'll trust that you won't disappoint me with what information you bring in the future. But remember that girl isn't something we should get too attached too. Keep that in mind." Pein said sternly.

Itachi was slightly confused by the last statement Pein had made but brushed it off as he left the room. Itachi may not care about you now but a little time with you will most likely change that. He walked into the darkness of the hall and went to find information on you before your first day of training.

——

I'm cutting it short right here bc I want to get This out for you guys! Thank you sm for 100k it means sm to me. I hope you enjoy this and my future updates: your comments are what really kept me going on writing again. I haven't edited it yet so please ignore any grammar mistakes or sentences that do it make sense if they are any. I will look over it soon! And again thank you!