Chapter: 2 Headache

I ended up falling asleep on the couch, with Jacob beside me. I woke up all of a sudden, and saw that I had gotten a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: Is this Eva Patterson?

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: Did you seriously delete my number? It's Melanie

Me: Why are you texting me?

Melanie: What do you mean? We're friends, right?

Me: The way you ignored me sure shows what kind of friend you are

Melanie: What? I don't understand Eva, I thought we were friends

Me: So did I, but you ignored me every time I tried to interact with you

Melanie: I'm sorry.....I was such an idiot....I'll explain everything if you meet up with me

Me: Fine, but I won't be there for long

Me: And don't expect me to suddenly forgive you

Melanie: Of course not....Just please meet up with me

And so I went and met up with her. And Oh boy, it sure did not go the way I expected it to go...

"Hi, Eva!", Melanie said with a sweet tone.

"Ugh, cut the sweet talk", I said.

"Hehe, well you see I really am sorry. I'll explain everything."

"You better, or else I'll go."

"Ok Ok. You see, when we started going to separate colleges, I kinda just forgot you. I got new friends and thought that I didn't need you. So I stopped talking to you...."

"Why did you suddenly decide to talk to me then?  I thought you didn't need me?"

"I started talking to you, because I realized that my other friends are fake."

"You still have that boyfriend of yours, so you could just have talked to him."

"About that...We broke up. He cheated on me with one of my friends, and that's why I don't have anybody..."

"Ha, I knew a long time ago. I was just waiting for you to find out."

"Y-You knew? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Like I said before, you ignored me. It's your own fault."

"Eva, I'm really sorry. Can we please be friends again?"

"You think I would want to be your friend again after a sorry? You need to earn my trust again, so good luck. I'll be going now."

I started walking away, when my head suddenly started to hurt. I was thinking about Alan, who would always forgive everyone no matter what they had done. Thinking about him, made me feel guilty. 

"Uh, Melanie..."

"Yes?"

"I-I forgive you..."

"W-what? Really? Thank You So Much!"

"No Problem...."

She went up an hugged me. I hugged her back. It was nice having a friend again. But the thought of Alan never went away. I told Melanie about Jacob, and even invited her to my house.