Chapter: 5 Lies

Author's Note: I know the song's meaning is not the same as my chapter's, but I felt like it would fit since the chapter's name is Lies, and Eric sings "Liar Liar, Watch Out Liar" one part in the song. Also, I just realized that Jacob is in The Boyz, and is the name of Eva's Ex-Boyfriend ._. Even their personalities match .-. I swear this wasn't intentional-

The room was completely quiet. No one knew what to say. It just was the right moment to keep quiet. I could see the doctors staring at me. They felt bad for me. Alan just looked at us with a confused look on his face. He just wanted answers, but he didn't know that he had hurt me. Everything we went through was gone...Like it never existed...

"I-I think it's the right time to leave now. Come Eva, let's go."

Melanie held my hand and tried to drag me out. But I just stood there. I wasn't crying or anything, I just stood there looking emotionless. 

"Visiting hours are done, please leave....We'll take a few tests on him and report it to you by next week."

I started walking out the door, but I turned around and said:

"I-I am your girlfriend, Eva. Or was...We broke up 4 years ago, but I thought you would maybe want me to be in the hospital with you...I was wrong, I'm sorry."

I drove home, and went right to bed. I couldn't sleep at all. I was shattered. How could I be so stupid?! Of course he wouldn't remember the girl that broke his heart! But how hard I tried to get him out of my head, he would still be the only thing I thought about....

Jacob's POV

I knew we couldn't be friends...Exes can't be friends...It just never works out. At least, that's what everyone says. My friends, my family even Melanie told me to stop being her friend. But Melanie could just be mad at me, since I broke up with Eva. 

But every time I look at her, I realize that I indeed made a mistake. We wouldn't have had to be friends, if I had just given her more time and helped her. Instead, I leave her with her problems alone....

The thing is, I know something about Eva that no one else does. She doesn't even know it herself.....It's quite obvious, but it doesn't look like anyone else notices....I would like to say what it is, but I promised myself not to...Anyways, I shouldn't have left her when he obviously needed my help...But that's not the main reason I miss her...The main reason I miss her, is because...

I still love her..

Eva's POV

And as the doctors had said, they did run tests on him. After a week, they finally told me what was wrong with him..He had been diagnosed with Amnesia....He had lost his memories...Not all of it, but he had forgotten who every person he knew was. It hurt me a lot, but also made me realize that it wasn't impossible to get him back...

The only thing I needed to do, was to wait till he can go home again, introduce myself and if I'm lucky enough he will date me again! He wouldn't remember what had happened before, and I didn't exactly need to tell him either...

The doctors said that I should tell him about everything that he went to, so he maybe might get this memories back. They were all hoping he would get them back, but I wasn't. He would hate me if he knew what had happened before! I couldn't let that happen! So, in hope that he didn't get the memories back, I decided to not tell him Everything that had happened before the coma, and only tell him about the good moments we had together.

You might think I'm a bit selfish, but listen..I love him! He's my everything, and I can't ruin my only chance I have with him!

Melanie's POV

I got to admit something...Eva is crazy! Not the crazy kind that gets put in mental hospitals, but the crazy type that makes people worried for her. I'm worried...Eva's always saying how much she loves Alan blablabla, but she doesn't realize that he doesn't love her! You might wonder what I exactly mean by that...Alan said he loved her, only left her for the best etc, but those words never came from Alan himself. I-I might have lied to Eva...She loved him, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings! So I made up this whole lie saying that he left for her best.

He never loved her. He was a playboy. A bad student...He was originally from Australia, but he had been sent to a school abroad by his parents. He got kicked out from our school, and was going back to Australia. He was acting all nice so Eva would fall for him. Then he kissed her. And he broke up with her the day after! He only wanted attention, and when he was kicked out he just decided to break her. 

I knew there was something weird about him, and I was right! When he left, he told me everything and I have hated him ever after. Eva isolated herself from everyone else in her life after the break-up, and that's why I never told her...That's also the reason I ignored her. She only cared about Alan, and if I tried telling her the truth she wouldn't have believed me! 

Mason was right about Alan all along. That's why he kissed her, hoping Alan would finally leave her alone. He wasn't the best person ever of course, but he was way better than Alan. I wish Alan didn't wake up. I wish he had just left Eva alone. He's ruining her! She couldn't even be with Jacob without thinking about Alan! He ruined Eva and Jacob! I talk to Jacob every day, and he truly loves her. But he couldn't take it anymore! A person can only take so much before they cry themselves to sleep every day! It wasn't just the thinking, she talked about him way too much! 

And I am only portrayed as the friend in Eva's life! She never asks me about what happens in my life, what I do in the college, who I dated etc. She only cares about her life, thinking she is the only person suffering on this earth! She is selfish and ignorant! She doesn't realize what others have gone through! She hurts me...

And I've had enough....

Hi, Hello!

I updated as promised!

This book is almost ending, and I'll explain how I am writing my other two books.

No Air is going to be updated 1-3 times each month. It's more of just a side story, and I'm not mainly focusing on it.

Fansign (Lucky) is going to be my main book. I'm publishing the proluge soon, so stay tuned!

Anyways, that was all!

Goodbye Au Revoir Adios!