Chapter: 6 Hesitant

3 Months Later...

No One's POV

Alan had just been sent home from the hospital, and he decided to stay at Eva's house. Eva had visited him every single day in the hospital, and he had slowly started trusting her. He couldn't remember his past memories, other than who he was, but Eva didn't really care. What was important for her was that he trusted her, and would fall in love with her again.

Eva invited Melanie over, and she greeted Alan. Melanie didn't enjoy being there, but she felt like she needed to. Alan seemed like a nice person. He talked to both of them, and wasn't being the kind of person Melanie expected him to be...

Melanie's POV

I'm surprised at how nice Alan is. He was a rude hearth breaker, why was he suddenly being so nice? Did the coma perhaps affect his behavior? Even though he changed, I still hate him. He still ruined Eva's life. I don't think it's Eva's fault at all. She used to be way nicer before she met him. She was a good friend. I'm not saying she's a bad friend now, but she...has changed...

Eva's POV

My life has really been good these days! Alan is finally out from the hospital! He lives in my apartment, and it feels like we are dating to be honest...He doesn't just stay in the house and do nothing, he helps with the house work. He doesn't go to college, but I think it's for the best. I'm not his girlfriend, so I don't want him to go to college and fall in love with someone. I know I'm insecure. I'm insecure about our relationship. I don't even know if we'll ever end up together. And time to time, I wish I still had Jacob.

I know Alan was my everything, but I feel like we're just not meant to be together...I'm not the only one feeling this apparently..

Earlier that day...

"Eva, I need to talk to you."

"Ok?"

"Look, I feel like you're crazy for him."

"Crazy for who?"

"Alan."

"I think you are exaggerating. He was my boyfriend, I just want us to date again."

"Exactly, he WAS your boyfriend. You guys aren't dating anymore, and in fact he broke up with you."

"But it was for the best. Mason was all over me, he just wanted to protect me."

"Look, I haven't been too honest. There is this huge secret I have been hiding from you..He never said it was for the best. He never liked you in the first place. He was only playing with you."

"Sure he was. Besides, how would you know? You weren't even that close"

"Because...Because I was in on it.."

"YOU WERE WHAT?!"

"I'm sorry...But at least you believe me now..."

"I don't believe you. You're probably just jealous because your boyfriend cheated on you!"

"Oh my god, stop acting like a child all the time and listen to me for once! I know I haven't been the nicest person ever, but I'm still your best friend! And you got to believe me!"

"I won't, so stop trying! Just- Just get out of my house! I would never have invited you in the first place if I knew you were just going to lie to my face!"

"As you wish. But remember, this friendship is over. So don't come crying to me when you suddenly realize that I was right!"

She took her handbag and ran out the door.

Back to present time.

Just by the few days we have lived together, he already feels different. He's nice and all, but I don't think I like him as much anymore. But it feels wrong not liking him. I waited for him for 4 years, and I don't want to give it up that easily. And perhaps, maybe I'll like him after I start dating him again...

Also, I don't think Alan is a bad person. I'm not saying Melanie is a liar, but Alan is not the kind of person she describes him as. But I shouldn't have mentioned her EX...She loved him a lot, and was devastated when he cheated on her. But unlike me, she got over him. She didn't try to get him back. She gave up...And she doesn't even seem that sad. Sometimes I wish I was like her. That I could get over a person that fast. But I simply just can't. And I don't have any friends to help me with it either...

Jacob's POV

I wish I never cut my friendship with Eva. I wanted to be her friend, but it felt wrong. We never even talked to each other. I had my friends, and she had hers. My friends told me to break off our friendship, and so I did. She didn't seem to mind...But who was I to think she would? She's obsessed with Alan, and it clearly shows. And I wish she could take me back, but there's no hope left. Everyone has gave up on us. Everyone, except me...

Eva's POV

I came home from school, and Alan surprised me with food! We sat around the table, and ate it while talking. He already knew he had amnesia, so he would ask me questions time to time.

"Eva..I have a question."

"Ok, what is it?"

"Who..Who are my parents? Are they still alive?"

"Y-your parents? They live in Australia..But I don't know if they're alive..."

"Did they ever visit me?"

I bit my lip as I was debating on whether I should tell the truth or not...In the end, I decided to tell him.

"T-they never came...B-but there is probably a valid reason for it! Maybe because they live in Australia?"

"They could have at least visited me once...I don't care if they were in Australia or not, I am their son they should have visited me."

"Alan, they probably wanted to but couldn't afford it..."

"There is no excuse for this, Eva. I...I wish I had better parents."

"Alan, they love you..Just think about all the memories you had togethe-"

"I can't even remember those memories! This stupid accident has ruined my life!" He said as he ran to his room.

I should never have told him.

But if I didn't, who would have?

Hi Hello!

Have y'all watched the Inception MV yet? (I'm talking bout Ateez)

The song is definitely one of my favourite songs in 2020!

Also, the THANXX MV is coming out soon, so I'm waiting!

(Sometimes I feel like I'm promoting groups, way better than the company does ._.)

That's all.

Goodbye, Au Revoir, Adios.