Chapter: 4 Meant To Be

I met Jacob time to time in college, but for the most he ignored me. I must have really hurt him. He's not the kind of person who gets hurt easily...Melanie kept telling me that he was just jealous, and couldn't handle me thinking about him once, but if I were in that situation I would have broken up too. I acted as if I was all fine, but in reality I was broken. The only person who had helped me when no one else did, was gone...

But of course, my broken heart got fixed after awhile. I have been broken many times before, and this time was no different than the others. I hung out with Melanie a lot, and that helped me. And in just 1 month, I was completely over him. 

But the weird part was that I have never gotten over someone this quickly....It took more than 3 months before I got over Mason, and almost a year before I got over Alan....The thing is, Jacob and I had a way stronger relationship than I had with any of the others...But in the end, I still used the longest time to get over Alan...And I know I shouldn't be saying this...But...I'm not over him yet....

He...He meant A LOT to me...He was my first ever boyfriend, he was there when everyone hated me. He made me into a better person..Without him, I would never have dated Jacob. Without him, I wouldn't have made it...I wouldn't have been in college....I..I wouldn't have lived...I finally realized how much he means to me...

And I still have hope...He will wake up...He's the one I'm destined to be with. I needed to apologize to Jacob, and that quickly. I've hurt him way too much. And so, I talked to him at school and apologized.

"Hey Jacob.."

"Hi?"

"Uh..I need to tell you something."

"I don't really have the time right now, so talk to you later."

"Wait! Please..It'll only take a minute."

"Fine, but I will leave after a minute."

"Look..I'm sorry...I know I hurt you a lot, and I should have gotten over Alan by the time I was dating you."

"Wait so-"

"What I'm trying to say is that I still have feelings for Alan, and I shouldn't have dated you when I liked someone else. I'm really sorry, and I hope you can forgive me."

"Honestly..I knew you weren't over him...He meant a lot to you, and I shouldn't have gotten hurt for something like that. You were always meant for each other, and I knew this but, refused to let you go. Now that I have, you can finally be dating the guy you were meant to date...."

"It wasn't your fault, it was mine.."

"Don't put all the blame on yourself..."

"But it was my fault."

"Let's just forgive each other, and forget everything."

"Ok, that sounds like a good idea."

I gave Jacob a big hug.

"Can we still stay friends though?"

He looked at me for awhile before he answered:

"Sure."

I felt good again. My life got better, but there was still a person missing..And that person was Alan. I drove home after school, and met up with Melanie as usual.

"So basically, you apologized to Jacob and now you are friends?"

"Yes..I'm really happy that he wasn't that mad at me."