18. The New York trip

19,486 likes - 864 comments

@ lucyj_  New York here i come!

@ fan  have fun!

@ Freyyx  can't wait <3 <3

Lucy poV

i turn 21 in two days which is already crazy but to add to it all yesterday Harry surprised me. he gave me an envelope and when i opened it there were boarding passes inside for a flight from Heathrow to New York. it was the best surprise, slightly over the top for a birthday but i was so excited to go. the whole group are going with us and we are going to be sharing this really nice airBnB in the city center. 

Harry and i are in the car with Lux and Freezy on our way to the airport and everyone else is meeting us there.

''do you have your passport this time?'' i ask Harry thinking about our alst trip. we went to Prague last year for a weekend and we had to go back after getting to the airport because Harry forgot his passport.

''yeah, i have it'' he replies

''do you have the right date on yours Lucy? wouldn't want Harry to get a dodgy label'' Freezy jokes with us and Lux and i laughed but Harry wasn't that impressed.

Harry PoV

we made it through security and the whole group were gathered by the gate and we were ready to go. i'm so glad that Lucy was happy with the surprise, i know its a big gesture but it is also a big celebration. it should also be really fun for us all to get a break without working and just enjoy it.

''is Jess not coming with us?'' Freya asked Lucy and i tried to gesture to her to stop but she wasn't looking. it was a touchy subject.

''yeah, usually she is always really early whenever we go on a trip'' Talia adds

''no, we aren't friends anymore'' Lucy relies with a deep sigh and Freya looks over at Josh with an awkward expression. 

''oh okay'' freya adds

i don't know what happened with Jess but for about three months now Lucy and her haven't talked at all after they had a fight and i don't think they will ever fix it. Lucy refuses to tell me what happened so i just left it

Lucy PoV

when Freya asked me about Jess it brought it all back. it hurts because she was a huge part of my life for so long but i am done with her now.

we were out at lunch the day after my anniversary dinner with Harry and jess said that she wanted to talk. i just assumed that she had split with her boyfriend, or maybe they got engaged. i wasn't really sure but it was nothing like that. she was kind of mean towards me and about me being with Harry. 

Jess kept saying that it was getting too serious for someone who treats me like Harry does, but she has no idea. maybe we fight a lot but most of it is not just Harry's fault, he is a great boyfriend and he spoils me insanely and just simply makes me really happy.

if she didn't support me because i was in love then i couldn't be friends with her. and i didn't like her attitude towards Harry and all of the bad comments she had made. so that was the end of our friendship. 10 years, gone. just like that.