Chapter twelve

Elizabeth's POV

"Where is he?"

"There he goes, just playing with my keys,"

"He is Max?"

"Yeah, my best friend," I said concerned.

"Oh! That's nice," Kyne said in a teasing manner. I then got Max and took him with me in the sofas.

"May you change the channel?" I asked.

"Why? Don't you like this show?" Kyne and.

"I don't like the one of Friday," I said trying to reach for the remote and changed the channel.

"Why? This show is interesting.....most especially the one on Friday," he complained.

"It makes me remember things I don't want to," I said.

"Am sorry, I didn't know," he said looking at me. I could feel his eyes on me.

"No big deal," I said smiling.

"Ok, so what are you going to do?" he asked.

"I will be going out for sports soon at 5pm," I said.

"I also thought of going to the hospital, that's why I asked," he said shrugging.

"Sweetie, what are you up to?" dad asked over the phone.

"Going out for sports, just preparing myself now," I answered.

"Ok, I will be home soon," he said.

"No problem," I said hanging up I put on my Tommy black jogging a blue sports bra and a black cap I tried to hide my face. I then put on my headphones and white sneakers. I headed downstairs.

"Max, let's go for sports," I called my pet. We then ran down the street but still not far from home.

When we got back(me and Max) I found dad seated in the living room watching TV, he had a small towel over his shoulder and sat one leg on top of the other.

"Take this," he said throwing the towel for me to clean my sweats.

"Thanks," I said taking it as I grabbed some water from the fridge and took milk for Max.

"Thanks Max," I said giving him the milk.

"You can shower and come downstairs to help me prepare dinner," dad said.

"Okay," I said heading upstairs. I took a quick shower and then Wore only a hoodie and went down.

I found dad taking some vegetables to make soup.

"I can chop the carrots for you," I said taking a knife from the shelf.

"Okay," he said giving me the space to stand.

"So, how was first week at school?" dad asked.

"Was cool, but my first day was the worst.

"What happened?"

"Just kind of scenes and talks about my hoodie. No more just worry out," I said. Dad liked knowing everything about me. He really cared a lot.

"Are you happy there or I find for you another school? It's just first week," he mentioned.

"Am fine there," I said smiling, "how is work?" I asked.

"It's going well..hm..but you see....,"

"What's it?" I asked.

"I will go to England after my special patient is healed," he said looking at me as if he was requesting for my permission.

"No problem," I said shrugging. I then put the carrots in the pan with some onions in.