Chapter one

It was one evening that my dad called me into the living room. I came down from my bed room wearing small shorts and a white vest almost of the same size as the short.
"Beth, I need to talk to you," he said as I sat beside him.
"Yes Dad," I replied
"I just want us to leave this place because...,"
"Yes dad," I replied before he could continue, " I would like to for sure," I said
"Thanks my daughter, I thought you would not be happy of the idea," he said
"And now where are we going to be living?" I asked
" You see, I want us to leave Texas and head for New York and ..."
"Have u already got a house?" I asked before he could finish his sentence.
"Yes, already got, the last thing was u knowing," he said smiling.
"Thx dad, I accept it and I think I will like the place," I said hugging him tightly.
"All is for u my daughter," he said and kissed my forehead.
"And what's ur plan there? I asked.
"Of course my work," he said
"Explain please!" I said trying to feck my curiosity
"K, I just asked for a recruitment to New York and..."
"To which hospital?" I asked
"Why are u so curious, can't even let me finish," he complained
"Am sorry, which hospital?" I asked again
"To saint Rita," he said in surrender, " so go to sleep and tomorrow you will have to pack ur things and tell ur frds," by saying the word "friend " I was some how annoyed but fogged a smile.
" Dad sleep tight," I said standing up and went to my room.

My names are Elizabeth Garry, I live with my dad Ezekiel Garry whom I love much and my dog that I named Max.

My dog is my daymaker as I just have no friends here in Texas, I really hate this area though I've lived here since 5, now it had been almost 12 years when am in Texas. At first this was a town that I felt I'd be happy to live in but everything ended up worse after my mother and twin sister Isabella died.

They died when I was almost 12 years old, now 5 years past but Texas was so boring without them. Even though my dad and Max tried to cheer me up.

For now I was so happy to leave Texas but the good thing is that I just finished my high school and I was going to start college after reaching New York.

My dad is a doctor, he was working here in Texas but he's going to be working in New York as it was going to be our new home city

* * *
When I got to my bed I started planning for New York Life.
"Let me think this is going to be nice," I thought as I pulled my pillow and burried my face into it with happiness.
"Yes Elizabeth u gonna leave Texas but how do you know u will not meet Texas people in New York?" I thought with alot of fear because I really hated the thought of Texas again.

"Let me think I may find my old friends from England,"now the thought became more weirdo, because I was lastly in England when we came in Texas, so how could l be still remembering people from England?

I left the thought to go off my mind and started thinking of my college. I liked music and art things so I begged my dad to join the things and he didn't deny my offer. So I was going to join the music and art courses to my new school in New York. So I thought of going there when am just as humble as... Because I didn't like new people thinking of me the way am not.

When I was still thinking I just didn't know the time that I had just fallen asleep.

Very early in the morning, I woke up as I heard my dad on my door.

"Morning love, wake up my little girl," he said as I got from my bed and went for opening the door. I saw him standing right in front of me with a tray of breakfast.

"Thx dad," I said getting the tray from him.
"First wash ur face, u're looking ugly," he teased
" That hurts," I said placing the tray on a small stool in front of my bed.

He entered my room and shut the door behind him.
"Just a joke my love," he said
" I know," I said smiling.
"K, then am going at work to just say my farewells to my colleagues, u know" he said winkling at me
"Yeah, I also get prepared quickly," I said
"I'll be back soon," he said kissing my hand and left the room. I also went to the bathroom.

After having my breakfast I took the things in the kitchen and washed them then went upstairs. I started packing few things.while packing I saw a photo of my twin and I. We were identical twins. When we were together even teachers wouldn't know if it was Beth or Bella. I then placed it in my suitcase. I then stood up and searched for my hoodie.

My suitcase was almost full of tight pants,shorts and hoodies. I liked wearing hoodies whenever I wasn't home. Because of my personal..... After packing I heard my dad's car parking in the yard. I went downstairs as he entered the house.

" Have u finished?" He asked
"Yes, what about you?" I also asked
"Don't worry it's already done," he said smiling as I smiled back. I liked it when I was with dad for sure.

"Are u taking ur pet?" He asked
"Max? I can't leave him in Texas," I said running towards the dinning room where he used to be sitting or sleeping.

"Dad, where is him?" I said a little bit worried because I wasn't seeing him, my only friend after dad.
"Already in the car," he said smiling
"Ohhhhhh!" I said making myself just relax.

"Go prepare urself as I'll be taking the luggages out to the car," he said.
"Are we taking everything?" I asked
"No, the house I bought have almost everything except our clothes " he said smiling.

I went upstairs to change, I lyked the way dad tried to cheer me up.

I wore my black tight pants, black T-shirt, black sneakers and black hoodie."In love with black,"

I then pulled my suitcase to the sitting room with my backpack on.
My dad came also pulling his and a small briefcase in his hands with the car keys.
"Hoodie again?" He asked
"Nevermind," I said as we got out of the house and put our luggages in the car.

"So how about this house?" I asked.
"For renting," he replied getting inside in the driver's seat.
I also entered.

"Oh Max lots of..." I kissed him on his back as he jumped with joy.
"No stop it, papa is gonna drive us to New York," I said looking at him with a hard eye. I then removed my hoodie hat as we drove quietly.

"Dad, let me think I'll like the area," I broke the silence. It seemed to be a question but was a statement. Haha
"I think so but..."
"But what dad?" I said dought in the B
"Leave it," he said.
"Ah! You like that thing," I said annoyed, but he didn't answer. He just ignored.

I then fall asleep unknowingly

*********
Hahahaha
Think this marks the end of first chapter 😂🤗plz give ur comments for me to keep on writing.

Plz vote🙏🙏
@heroineprim