☕️ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣 ~ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒞𝑜𝒻𝒻𝑒𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝑜𝓅 ☕️

The afternoon was of any other fall afternoon. The air was cool and crisp. The city streetlights had just begun to flicker on. The sun had melted into a yellow-red haze. Trees dropped copper and chocolate brown leaves on the sidewalks, crunching under pedestrians' shoes as they strolled. A small cafe, scented of coffee beans from the streets, had its dim, calming lights on. The footsteps of the 5'9" teen down the sidewalk echoed. The streets were pretty bare on this fall afternoon. She wore light brown boots with fur cuffs towards the tops, her pants, tucked into her boots, were black jeans. Her top was a knitted, creamy white sweater. She had a matching hat on her head with a fluffy ball at the top that bounced slightly as she walked. She had medium-length sandy blonde hair with soft green tints and pale green eyes.

She neared the cafe, taking a breath in, her eyes closed. "Ah, a coffee break during our fall week off always makes my heart feel better..." She hummed to herself as her chilled fingers wrapped around the door handle. She elegantly stepped into the cafe, taking a look around the establishment. The inside felt homey, a feeling the teen loved a lot. She noticed a short boy sitting all alone, his hands around his coffee mug, most likely to warm them.

He wore a neatly knitted greyish-black sweater. There was a grey and blue scarf wrapped comfortably around his neck. He wore a beanie on his head with two cat-like spikes on either side and a blue design of what looked like two tennis rackets. He wore black and blue striped pants and your usual shined black shoes. What stood out to her the most was a chain held by a metal ring around his right foot. It was short, but it still stood out as odd.

The female turned her attention off of the boy for a few moments to step up to the cafe counter. A soft smiling girl came up to the register, giving her a grin. She wore the coffee shops uniform, along with a shiny black bow in her long, creamy colored hair. "Hi! My name Sonia, what can I get you today?" She said, her smile gleaming. The female found the other girl's energy relieving from the down world.

"I will take a medium creamy iced coffee," The sandy blonde girl said to the creamy haired girl. She gave another grin and entered something on a small notepad. "That will be $3.50, may I ask your name?" Sonia questioned, the other girl slightly bowed as a way of saying yes. "My name is Kirumi, Kirumi Tojo if you require my last name" Kirumi cracked a small smile, Sonia grinned back. "Alright! Your coffee will be out soon!" The positive Sonia skipped off, Kirumi let out a small chuckle. 

Kirumi took a step back from the counter, hands in front of her, intertwined. She let her eyes graze over the vast menu of drinks at the cafe. It made her wonder how people like Sonia could remember all of the drinks, they didn't have the same maid skills as she did. Tojo was the Ultimate Maid after all. Maybe Sonia had been working at this local cafe for a while, Kirumi wasn't sure. 

"Kirumi?" Sonia's voice said from behind the counter. Kirumi looked down from the menu to Sonia, who was holding out the drink she ordered. Kirumi gave her a warm smile and gave her four bucks in exchange for her coffee. Sonia began to go through the register for change. "Keep the change," Kirumi said sweetly, Sonia grinned. "Thank you, ma'am! Enjoy your coffee!" Kirumi gave the girl a soft wave of goodbye before striding away from the counter to find a place to sit. 

Something in Kirumi blossomed. She looked at the boy again. He seemed so... empty. His black eyes showed pain. Kirumi gathered a tiny bit of her Maid like courage and walked over to the table the short boy was seated at. He looked up. "Let me guess," He said as Kirumi opened her mouth. His voice was deep, and I mean deep. It threw Kirumi off at first, but she pushed it away, everyone was unique after all. "You're going to ask to sit here" he finished after a weak sigh mid-sentence. "Actually yes, I was. You're a bright one." Kirumi pulled out the chair across from the boy and sat down, the cushion was surprisingly comfortable. She noticed the boy had stolen some cushions from other chairs to be able to reach the table.