Chapter 7 ::: Can't Melt His Heart

It wasn’t until the next morning that I heard from Dex again. Even when we had dinner and I was sitting right beside him, he didn’t speak. Maybe I was a fool for thinking he might actually decide to change.

I was already up because I couldn’t sleep. I kept having “those” dreams about him. Soon I heard a few hard knocks on my door. Not feeling up to getting up, I shouted, “Come in!”

Dex walked in and plopped on my bed. I sat up avoiding any and all eye contact with him. “So you’ve finally decided to grace mw with your presence,” I scoffed.

He turned to me. For a while he just stared at me until she spoke. “My mother wants to talk to you.”

I swallowed, “Fine. Do I go now?”

“No, later.”

“Is that all you came to tell me?”

“No, not necessarily. I wanted to see how you are doing,” Dex said. “Will you take a walk with me?”

“Nope,” I replied snidely. I bet he was thinking I would say yes but he’s going to have to work harder than that. “You can’t solve everything with a walk Dex.”

“I’m not trying to. I just wanted to talk. I know that it’s been a rough start with us, but I can’t change the past. Will you allow me to make up for it?” he asked looking hesitantly at the spot next to me before he moved closer.

“That depends. What are you planning on doing?”

“What do you want me to do?” he asked giving me a smirk.

“Okay,” I said, “I want you to answer every question I have.”

“I can’t promise I’ll have an answer for every question,” he leaned over and crossed his hands over his knees. “What do you want to know?”

“Are you still sleeping with Blonde Bit—I mean Heather?”

He turned his head and stared at me, giving me a wicked grin. “Would you get mad if I was? The night you left, I had to blow off steam somehow. I never said I was perfect,” he shook his head. When he said those words it was like my throat dropped to my stomach. How could he do that to me? He was the one that kicked me out. “But no, I didn’t sleep with her.”

I shrugged like it didn’t bother me, but it did in every way. I was relieved to know that he wouldn’t just run into the next girl’s arms when we have a falling out.

I didn’t realize he was smiling at me until I broke out of my train of thought, “does that make you happy?”

“I don’t care what you do. It’s your body. If you want to sleep around then do it,” I replied knowing it was all a lie. His smile faltered. “If you gain some freaky disease then that’s on you. Don’t think I’ll touch you then.”

“Oh so you were planning on having your way with me?” he teased. I smiled thinking about the sex dreams I had about him in the last couple of days.

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes. “Next question. Why did everyone leave the table when I sat down that first day?” I tried to get over but it was like a boomerang and kept creeping up to the top of my thoughts. I fancied myself as the supporter of Omegas but they flat out rejected me.

He shrugged, “maybe they didn’t want to make me angry?”

“What do you mean?”

“I told you not to sit with them because you’re about to become the Luna. No Luna needs to be in the company of Omegas. I know you don’t like it but that’s just how it is here.”