Chapter 10 ::: Whirlwind

A/N It's been awhile, but I will try to update more often. There is still lots more to happen between Dex and Tia. There is a reason this book is called grovel

Warning: There is mild sexual content

Although this chapter is mild, there are more heated scenes to come :D

*************

PLEASE PLAY SONG

Just sitting here next to Dex was making me anxious. Not seven months ago, he practically told me to get lost and here I am now, on my way back to the house of hell. Where all the devil's demons reside. I don't know how he convinced me to go back there and with my mother and her boyfriend.

I felt bad for them. My mother's whole life was back at home and now having to up and leave without warning had to be a big adjustment. "Are you okay mom?" I ask leaning on her shoulder.

"Yeah, baby," she patted my head and let out an exasperated sigh, "I'm okay."

"So what's going to happen when we get there?" John asked. Although on the outside he seemed composed, the nail-biting and chronic shifting in his seat told otherwise. This had to be hard on him too. He's not even family and I managed to get him in danger.

"Why are we going back, Dex?" I asked. "Isn't the people who are trying to kill me there? Why are you taking me to the people who are trying to kill me?"

Dex glanced at me then muttered, "We'll talk about this later."

I could already feel the angry forming in my body. He takes me from my home, treat me like crap, make me leave and then tries to take me back. No. Enough was enough. This time he didn't call the shots, I did. "No, I want you to answer me now. I had a job back at home. I had every intention of moving on with my life since you didn't want me, so now it's your turn to give me answers."

He sighed, "This really isn't the time Tia. Everything will be explained when we get home."

"You're home?" I stared at him, "Because it's not my home. I never felt wanted there and I don't think anyone there has changed in the months I've been...absent."

"Look," he racked his hand through his hair, "I know that the last time you were there, it wasn't very pleasant, but I need you to trust that it was best for you. I thought you'd leave on your own his I pushed hard enough. But it was only to keep you safe."

"Safe," I chuckled at that, gaining looks from Dex, mom, and John. "You're such a fucking coward."

"Tia!" mom gasped.

"What?" I shrugged, "It's the truth. You could have kept me safe yourself, but you didn't, didn't even try. You hurt me and I don't forgive you. I know you didn't want me."

"Tia," Dex said, "It's not that I didn't want you. Under normal circumstances, I would have gladly taken you with open arms, but there are things within my family that hinder me from getting too close. I won't endanger you."

Deciding not to answer him was the best things for me at the moment. I was nearly on the verge of crying. I don't understand he can just go from zero to one hundred. First he's mean and cruel, then he's caring and sympathetic. He was a fucking hypocrite. And I was an idiot for falling for a hypocrite.

*

*

Just like my first time coming to Dex's home, I was knocked out in the limo. It would have mattered if I didn't find myself in a compromising position, with one leg sitting across Dex's lap and my arm wrapped around his waist while drooling on the sleeve of his crisped white shirt.