Chapter 4 ::: Confusion, no PDA

PLAY SONG ON THE RIGHT>>>

I ran until it hurt to breathe. I wanted to get away from him. He was not what I was expecting from a mate at all. I was already rethinking my "melt his heart idea." I cradled my sandals in my hands on the verge of breaking out in tears.

"Oh brother," a girl just a few years younger than me stood by a door. She had long, black hair that cascaded around her shoulders. Her face was so beautiful, flawless. Her eyes were just as black and hinted at something sinister, "Are you crying? That's a bad thing to do in a place like this."

"Who asked you?!" I snapped, wondering if my mate screwed her too. Compared to her and the bitch from outside, I was an old hag. Just thinking about it was lowering my confidence. She pushed herself off of the door and snarled at me.

"Just trying to help!" she snapped back. "Let's see how you do in this place on your own. You have no idea what could happen to you here. I'd watched my step if I were you."

"Is that a threat?" I asked.

"No, of course not," she smiled. "I would never threaten our Luna. It's just a warning."

I nodded, "uh huh." As I was about to walk off she caught up and began walking along side me. It was very weird, "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Walking," she looked at me and smiled again. "Would you like to be my friend? I'm not an Omega so it's okay." I noticed that she walking in the tips of her toes like a child. There was obviously something wrong with our whole interaction.

"No," I said bluntly. Usually I would have said 'yes', seeing as I had all of one friend, but this girl was off. All of the people here seemed to be off. When I first got here, they didn't even know mannerism, then at dinner the Omegas left me out to dry and even a few minutes ago, Dex kicked me out of his room because I wouldn't sleep with him.

"Okay, I guess I'll grow on you though," she shrugged. "I'm Sofia."

I nodded, not really feeling up to introductions. She didn't seem fazed though seeing as she kept talking, "What's your name, Luna?"

"Tia... Look, I've had a pretty shitty night. Can you give me some time alone?"

"It's not good to be alone when you're upset. My mother said so," Sofia continued to bounce as we walked. "I'm here to keep you safe."

"Safe from what?" I asked, completely confused, unless she was talking about Dex.

"From this house, these people. No one's really safe here. A lot of stuff happens and people let it happen. Dex shouldn't have brought you here. He should have taken you somewhere else. But then again, he's been waiting a long time for you."

Really? I thought. Doesn't seem like it to me. I stopped walking, "What are you talking about?"

Sofia let out an exasperated sigh, "I just told you that this place and these people are not safe. Dex is suppose to protect you. You were never supposed to be here. He knew. He knew what bringing you here meant."

It was like every time she spoken I got even more confused. What exactly is he supposed to protect me from? I didn't understand, not that she's given me a reason to want to.

"I told you not to bother her Sofia," Dex walked up to us. I didn't even hear him coming. "Don't you have school in the morning?"

"Yes but she needed to know. Why did you bring her here Dex? You know what could happen."

"Enough Sofia, go to your room. I'll talk to you later."

Sofia started to say something, but didn't. Then she walked off leaving Dex and I in the hall. "What, you've come to kick me out of the hallway too?" Anger was getting the better of me. I should be embarrassed after what just happened, but I was too upset and disappointed knowing that I waiting for a mate who acts like he does.