Chapter 5 ::: Protection

A desperate part of me wanted him to follow me, to see if he even cared. In fact, that part was the most overwhelming. I wanted to know what made him happy, sad, heck, even angry. I wanted to know what I could do to make him not be so damn disappointed in me.

Just as I was about to take a step back into the house, someone called me. “Luna!” a loud voice shouted over the masses. My gaze shifted to a stout, balding man. He was making his way toward me. “Ah, Tia Chambers I presume. I am George. I will be assisting you with the first part of your training.”

I glanced at Dex who was frowning, “Okay,” I nodded. However, all I wanted to do was crawl under my covers and slowly drift into the abyss but I didn’t want people to know that their coldness was starting to affect me.

“Please follow me,” he said and led me through the crowds of people to the end of the yard, secluded from everyone else. We stopped at a small garden area where a benched sat on a stone pedestal. “Please sit.”

I sat, awaiting his next order.

“You will be going through an assessment,” he said easing his way down on the bench next to me. “When was the last time you have had sexual intercourse?”

“Whoa, what kind of questions are these?” I asked. “I thought this was supposed to be training?”

“Assessment is a part of the training. We have to make sure you are healthy and able to conceive. If you are overused,” he said smugly, “...then you would not be such a good candidate for Luna. Appearances are everything.”

“And if I was...overused?” I crossed my arms, trying to seem menacing to this very short man, but he just blinked and went on with the “assessment.”

“Then you'll be mate number two,” he smiled. Mate number two? Dex would never do that to me, at least I don't think. My lack of information about him was starting to do a number on me. The thought kept coming across my mind. There was that incident in the limo when he said he'd shave off all of my hair and make me walk through the house naked. But that was just a joke, wasn't it?

“Have you ever done sexual favors with your mouth?” he asked. I thought about retorting with something rude, but I have a feeling that he would just blink and again go on with the assessment.

I sighed, “No, I have never done anything like that. Let's just skip the assessment and say that I am a virgin. It would save us both time.”

He looked up at me, “okay then. Mrs. Spiros will get you fitted for a dress. Then Mrs. Walters will be here later to take you through some etiquette training.”

“Dress? A dress for what?”

“It is your coming out party,” he sighed. “The new Luna needs to be introduced to the rest of the family.” Should have known this day would come. I did not want this at all. All of those people looking at me, scrutinizing me to see if I'm fit to be Luna. Which in my opinion, I'm not. I just want to be with Dex. I’ve never pictured myself with an Alpha, just too many politics involved.

“Hello!” a short red-headed women with red wired rimmed glasses walked up to us. “Well hello Luna,” she said in an English accent. “I am Mrs. Spiros, I will be getting you fitted for a dress. Please come with me.”

“Okay,” I said refusing to pry my eyes away from the bald man. I refuse to call him by his real name.

When he finally walked off, I followed Mrs. Spiros further out on the yard. It was a very large yard, too large. It felt like an hour until we got to the small house at the further end of it. It was white with pink shutters and a pink roof. It was very quaint, but I could only imagine one person living in it. “This will be your dress house. All of your clothing will be fitted and tried on here.”