Chapter 5: Players and Pieces

Glynda and Ozpin POV:

Glynda is observing the students on her tablet while he watches on his Scroll at the Beacon Cliffs overseeing the Emerald forest, Glynda approaches him commenting on the other's progress.

Glynda: These two have begun too pair up sir.

she enhances the screen for a better few and identifying them as Ren and Nora.

Glynda: Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren.

Glynda: Poor boy, I can't imagine those two ever getting along, I believe he should be with either Mr. Cross or Miss Nikos.

changing to Pyrrha and Jaune, going through the forest .

Ozpin: What?

Glynda: I don't care what his transcripts say, that boy is not ready for this level of combat. And despite being on good terms with Mr. Cross I wouldn't pair those two together, the fact of the matter is he'd slow Alex down.

Glynda: But I guess we'll have to wait and see, they should be reaching the temple soon.

Ozpin: Speaking of now that you've mentioned him where is Alex?

Glynda; Oh, after he landed he's started making his way through however he hasn't paired up with anyone yet, I hope he isn't like Jonas and works solo.

Ozpin: Alex is much more different then his father.

Glynda: You haven't said what kind of relics you were going to be using.

Ozpin just smiles to himself.

Glynda: Sir? Alright then.

she goes back to observing the students on her tablet.

TIME SKIP:

Alex POV:

I've been walking for about an hour now haven't run into anyone none of the girls or Jaune, so I continue on however I can't shake the feeling something is watching me.

Alex: One.

nothing and I continue on walking forward but still trying to keep myself on my toes

Alex: Two. Now things are starting to heat up I hear a rustling in the bushes and brace myself for the incoming attack

Alex: THREE! I crack my neck and draw my sword dodging the attack and find that I've been surrounded by two Beowulf's and an Ursa in front of me