Chapter 19

Next day...

Konoha's entire shinobi force had turned up to attend Sarutobi Hiruzen's funeral. Everyone had watched the battle that happened yesterday, and they never will forget about it for the rest of their life. The battle between the infamous former Uchiha clan head and the ravenette Uzumaki who is now Uchiha. They had heard that in a moment of being distracted by their fight, Orochimaru had managed to kill the Hokage. However, they also knew that Naruto had gravely injured the snake sannin who had gone back to recuperate from his incapacitation.

The Konoha rookies all informed everyone that while Indra had been fighting Madara, he had a clone fight the one tails' jinchuuriki and had stopped him easily with his sharingan. Something that only Madara had been able to do during the clan wars. However, before Indra could take the redhead to interrogation, a Jounin from Suna had soon appeared and taken them away from Konoha. It seemed as if they held a high rank in the hierarchy of Suna. They watched as Indra had singlehandedly destroyed the invading force without a hint of exhaustion on him.

During their battle the Tsuchikage had fled from the second he saw the battle of Indra and Madara. The villagers looked at the trio with a reverence which amused the former Otsutsuki. The villagers' behaviour had changed completely when they heard Indra and Naruto were the Fourth Hokage's sons and members from the Uchiha clan.

After the battle, Indra and Naruto had started wearing the crest of the Uchiha clan on their clothes which made Sasuke happy. He knew that they were from the same clan but seeing the Uchiha crest on their clothes made it official. He was glad to be related to a powerful clan once more. They also had a small crest of the Uzumaki Clan on their left arm on their clothing.

Konoha Council

The trio now faced Konoha's council. On the left side sat the shinobi consisting of the clan heads—Inuzuka, Hyuuga, Nara, Akimichi and etc and the other side were the elders and the civilians. 

Indra scowled when he saw Homura, Koharu, and Danzo staring at them with greedy looks. He couldn't wait until they left this stupid village.

"Let us start this council with the most pressing matter at this moment. Uchiha Indra, Uchiha Naruto, step forward." Homura said in an authoritative voice.

Naruto sighed while Indra and Sasuke looked bored.

"We have many matters to attend to after yesterday's invasion, and we cannot waste time. Thus we will go directly to the issue. Indra, you destroyed those intruders with the famous sharingan."

"Hn," Indra grunted as he crossed his arms on his chest.

Sasuke and Naruto sweatdropped. They knew that he would never show respect to these people.

The elders' eyebrows twitched at his response.

"You have the utmost gratitude of the Konoha shinobi for defending us in our time of need. After your actions at the field of battle, the council of Konoha has seen fit to appoint you to the rank of Jounin. This matter is not open for discussion.", Homura said.

The shinobi in the room were giving Indra looks of respect and awe. As expected, the civilian council were quite predictably shouting their objections. Starting from 'stealing the precious sharingan' to 'treason and execution'.

I'm surrounded by idiots. I prefer Asura than these morons. Indra's thought annoyed.

"Silence! The civilians have no say in the workings of the shinobi hierarchy." The Inuzuka clan head interrupted.

Indra narrowed his eyes at Danzo, and before anyone knew what happened, he had decapitated the war hawk.

Well. I was wondering when he would kill him. Sasuke and Naruto thought.

"How dare you kill Danzo! Traitor! Kill him!" The civilians shouted however they were silenced at the sight of Indra's sharingan.

Everyone gulped when they felt the power of those eyes.

"Hn. I knew that you were idiots but to let a traitorous pest alive under your noses is a level of idiocy that is very disappointing." He said before several bodies felt to the ground from all around the room.

Everyone gasped in shock.

"Hn the remaining root shinobi." He said and looked at Danzo as his eyes turned to his mangekyo. "Amaterasu." black flames burned the Warhawk to ashes. When he was sure, there was no trace of him left; he looked at the other elders and did the same. He cancelled the flames when he was sure they were killed and looked at the rest of the Konoha council who were shocked to their core. "Naruto has the files confirming their treason. The massacre of the Uchiha clan is one of the many acts of theirs."

Naruto placed several documents on the table.

"I am the current head of the Uchiha clan as well as the Uzumaki and Namikaze. And as of today, my clans will no longer be fully affiliated to Konoha due to their extinction caused by this very village."

"You can't do that!" One of the civilians shouted.

Indra smirked. "Oh I can, and I am doing that, civilian."

The civilian flinched. The entire council were now staring at Indra with dumbfounded expressions which amused him.

"Any and all offers to either clan, from marriage to alliances should be made through me. Any Kunoichi forcing themselves upon Naruto or Sasuke for any reason whatsoever...shall be dealt with by me personally", Indra said coldly while his sharingan spun lazily.

"We have lost our Hokage to Orochimaru's attack. Indra's show of strength will incite the alarm of all the villages in the land. We need a new Hokage to guide us during these turbulent times. I nominate Jiraiya." Hiashi said.

Jiraiya appeared out of nowhere, startling the council except the Uchiha clansmen. "That job is not for me. I have another job, and it cannot have me sitting stationary here in Konoha."

"You were the candidate endorsed by Hiruzen, there is no one else suitable," Shikaku said.

"There is one, actually. I am not the only remaining Sannin, barring Orochimaru."

"You speak of Tsunade-sama. She cannot be found at we need a leader fast." Shikaku said.

Jiraiya glanced at the bored trio standing next to him. "I will take them to find Tsunade."

"Hn." Indra said before leaving in his Kamui.

Sasuke and Naruto sweatdropped.

"Well. We will see you at the gates, pervy sage." Naruto said as he placed his hand on Sasuke's shoulder and disappeared in a yellow flash.

Everyone sighed.

"Troublesome." Shikaku said.

Everyone nodded in agreement.