The beginning

Our world is something else. We all have our words. Those words are like our reflections. Every word signifies our most dominant flaw or attribute. We can be strong or weak because of these words. People who were born with charismatic or pure are considered powerful and amazing. I'm one of those weird people. My word doesn't signify a flaw or attribute and my power is nowhere to be found. Most of the children discover it in childhood. That power appears for the first time when that kid is scared or when discovering something important.

My name is Lev Stewart and I'm a sixteen-year-old boy. I love our world. I live in one of the four countries, mine is named Genove. The other three are Astates, Mostria, and Estine. Our country is very close to nature, but at the same time, we have very developed technology. Our cities take their power from a star named Astrid, which is very close to us and gives us light. We have electricity-based on Astrid's power and wind power. Our planet is the only one that is lived but we might be wrong. There could be a lot of other dimensions that we don't know about. I like to believe that every person has a destiny and that not everyone discovers it at the same time, it's the same thing, in general, you will discover at the right time whatever is there to be revealed.

My family and my friends are very concerned about me, being the only one who didn't discover his power is really strange. On top of that, I'm the head of a very respected family: The Stewart House. My father takes care of people, he is helping kids with discovering how to control their powers and how to be safe. My mother is working on an agency for crimes and she helps abused people, especially children. My best friend, Aaron Griffin is the most concerned one. He feels very bad seeing me like this.I'm sad, but more than wanting my power, I want to be able to understand "Why me?" or "What should I do?" or "How am I supposed to feel?".But since I don't have anything that could reveal my power I just have to wait for something to happen.

These thoughts are not such a big deal since I daydream about this every day. Today is my first day at the academy. All boys from fifteen to eighteen are being enrolled in an academy for final studies and for discovering our paths. "That academy...no one knows how it looks because it is private, seems weird to me if I don't know where I am going. I have the bags packed up anyway and my room is empty since I'm going to live there". I check the hour lazy.

-It's just 7:20 am and since it's such a fuss in the house I might go to see what's happening. I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, and look at myself in the mirror. "I'm not like other people in my country, I'm tall, I have a well-built body, I have grey eyes and dark brown hair. Genove has short people and most of them are thin and blonde. I'm wondering where did I get these genes from?"

I stopped daydreaming and got out of my room, feeling a nice scent coming from the kitchen. I felt lazy to change my clothes and just got downstairs in my pajamas. I saw that my father was reading some work and my mother looked really upset. They were the perfect couple my father was confident and a great leader and my mom was ambitious and kind. My mother's word is kindness and she can sense other people's feelings like fear or happiness. That is her power and she can use it when discussing with abused children or with criminals. My father on the other way has confidence as his word and he can transmit confidence in every person and can moralize everyone. He usually transmits confidence in everyone who is in need. I couldn't have thought until now, but they have great power that can help anyone.

-Gabriel, how many times did I tell you to let work out of when eating? said, my mom, that looked somehow pissed because my father is so dedicated to his work and that he is not paying attention to his food.

-Good morning mom, dad. I said with an amused look on my face.  

-Good morning sweetheart, did you sleep well? I hope so because today is a very important event: your first day into the academy! said my mom, looking more excited than me.