32

JOHN'S POV

I kicked bottles that were littered on the floor till I reached my office door. I opened it and noticed Eniola's desk was still empty. I sighed deeply and removed my jacket. I hadn't seen or heard from James in two days and it was getting worrisome. I almost failed to notice Kemi typing swiftly on the computer sitting on her rowdy desk.

"Good morning Kemi, you are quite early this morning." I said, checking my watch.

"Well, I have to be punctual to keep my job sir." Kemi remarked, standing up.

"Have you eaten sir?" Kemi added, tilting her head.

"No, I haven't, I'll probably head to the court lounge to get something to eat." I concluded, rolling up my sleeves.

"Could I follow you, I haven't eaten too." Kemi remarked, heading for the door.

I reached the door knob before her and gave her a faint smile. I opened the door ajar sending Kemi into a state of amazement.

"Ladies first." I replied, making a wink at her.

"I don't think that's necessary sir. You can leave, I'll lock the door." Kemi insisted, folding her palms together.

"What did I tell you about refusing orders from your boss?" I asked, sighing theatrically.

"I am sorry sir." Kemi replied blushing , walking out of the door.

I locked the door behind me and we both strolled towards our destination. There was no conversation, it was an enjoyable and blissful silence. We reached the court lounge which was typically filled.

"I'll go order something to eat sir." Kemi said, running towards the counter.

"And I'll look for a place for us to sit." I muttered, searching for any empty spot.

I saw an oval table which was very convenient and I walked towards it, refusing to glance at the ladies who kept ogling me with their eyes.

I sat down, relishing the feel of the air conditioner soothing my face. I tapped the table lightly, humming to a familiar tune. Kemi walked towards the table, her hands filled with two plates of toast and egg. I reached up to take the tray from Kemi and placed it on the table.

"Thank you, sir." Kemi said, lowering her body into a seat.

"You are welcome. Let's eat." I replied, grabbing the toast in my hands.

Kemi chuckled and it was lovely.

"I think it's advisable to use a fork, since you are in public, sir." Kemi advised, smiling.

"As long as I am satisfied with my meal, nothing else matters." I replied, taking a quick bite of the toast.