20 | Everybody Wants To Rule The World

╔══════════════════╗

WALKING IN THE WIND
xx. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD

╚══════════════════╝

  WHEN HOPE WOKE UP, she couldn't fight the feeling that today would be a very, very terrible day

  WHEN HOPE WOKE UP, she couldn't fight the feeling that today would be a very, very terrible day. Granted, she'd been feeling this way on constant repeat for the past few days, but the feeling was still there nevertheless.

  Now that Odette's birthday had passed, Cair Paravel exploded with eager anticipation for the royal wedding. The day everyone was waiting for, the wedding that would save Wysteria, was almost here. At the end of the week, on June 1st, was the royal wedding. Originally, Hope didn't want the day to ever arrive for many reasons, but now that the days drew nearer and nearer, she just wanted to get it over with already.

  Between the nonstop preparations and everyone's excitement and trying to keep the melodramatic princess calm before her big day and trying to please King David and Queen Lydia, Hope didn't have time to worry about herself anymore. There were more important things that required her attention. And while she'd been accustomed to the chaos that came with being Odette's lady-in-waiting for years, that didn't mean hers was an easy job.

  Hope was undeniably busy. She was in higher demand lately, as she would be handling the bride on her wedding day for the most part. She hardly ever stayed in one place for long before she had to run off again. The Narnians and Wysterians knew Hope was good at her job, but they never realized how difficult and busy it was until she was spotted running from one end of Cair Paravel to the other and back within minutes.

  Hope was beginning to believe that dealing with a stupid death sentence would be better than dealing with... well, everything on her plate at the moment. But alas, she was too busy to fully entertain the thought, so she figured she'd just suck it up — for now.

  That being said, Edmund hadn't spoken to Hope since the ball. Sometimes, he caught glimpses of her fiery hair or heard her voice across the hall, but she was gone before he could get to her. He tried to tell himself that her recent absence from his life was a gift from Aslan, a message suggesting he should stop worrying about her and start thinking about the future of Wysteria. It sounded easy in theory, but although he hadn't seen her, she was on his mind more often than he wanted to admit.

  Odette wasn't doing any better either. Since Hope was constantly being sent away to do petty tasks (usually for her parents), Odette struggled to remain composed in the days leading up to the wedding. It frustrated her greatly knowing her parents always went out of their way to make her best friend's life miserable. But there was only so much she could do about it while her parents were still Wysteria's King and Queen. Odette prayed she could make it up to Hope after her coronation.