Yusei x Reader

I slipped on my (Y/f/c) helmet, and sped off to see a friend. 

It's been exactly one year since I met Yusei and his friends. I still remember the cold shoulder Jack always have me, until I finally caught on to his sense of humor and such. I had observed Crow and Jack, and finally found my place as Jack's friend. Akiza and I had become friends relatively quickly, as we both had a crush on one of the guys. (In this story, Akiza has a crush on Crow). 

Today, I kept hitting all the yellow lights, and I sighed in frustration. As I hit a quiet road, I finally made it to Yusei's house he shared with the guys. 

The garage was open, and I instantly recognized Yusei. He was crouched down beside his D-wheel, working on who knows what. 

I smiled softly, as I took my helmet off and placed it on the seat. I quietly walked up to the sapphire eyed male, grabbing a wrench from off the concrete floor. 

"Hmm, where did I put..." I heard Yusei mutter, as he searched around for something. 

"You mean this?" I asked, as I held up the wrench. 

Yusei smiled as I handed him the tool. But what he did next surprised me. He set the tool down and stood up, wiping his hands on a towel. 

"To what do I owe this lovely surprise?" Yusei inquired, as he threw the towel into his tool box and motioned for me to follow him. 

"Are you okay? You don't usually say that." I raised an eyebrow, following the black-and-golden haired male to his living room. 

He hummed. "Ya, I'm fine. Just glad to see you." He smiled, as he pulled me in for a hug. 

I hugged him back.

"Um, Yus, I have something to tell you..." I trailed, turning away to hide my slight blush. 

"What is it, (Y/n)?" Yusei grabbed my hands, and led me to his bedroom, leaving the door slightly ajar as we both sat on the bed. 

I took a deep breath. "Yusei, ever since I met you, you've been so kind and helpful. You care for your friends like family, and I absolutely admire that. You cared for me when I got into a crash during my first duel. You then taught me how to duel, and I can't thank you enough. Since then, I've been able to beat tough opponents, even Jack." Yusei smiled and chuckled at this. "I know it's only been a year, but I feel like I know you so well, like family.... But Yusei, there's something else... I love you." My words hung in the air between us as I watched Yusei's stunning eyes process what I said. 

"(Y/n), ever since I met you, you have become one of my closest friends. And I agree, I feel like I know you so well, even though it's only been a year. I've always wanted to tell you, but I guess you beat me to it." He smirked, as he moved closer to me on the bed. "I love you." He whispered in my ear, before hugging me close. 

I hugged him back, so elated that he returned my feelings. He pulled away, only to touch his forehead to mine. Our lips were so close, just meer centimeters away. I gazed into his eyes: they were full of light and love. 

The next thing I knew, our lips touched, and his hands instantly pulled me close as my hands tangled in his hair. His lips against mine sent electric waves of ecstasy through my veins. 

When we broke for air, he smiled. "I love you, (Y/n)." 

I smiled back. "I love you too, Yusei." 

As he pulled me close, I told myself that this day was totally worth it.