Chapter 40 | Her Hero

Uraraka's Pov.

  She invited Deku to the cherry tree.

  'Today is the day...'

  Uraraka was nervous... What if she messed up.

  Deku walked up to her.

  "What is it you wanted to talk to me about?" he asked.

  "Deku, I've known you for a long time..." she started.

  "Yeah! We have been friends a long time!" he smiled brightly at her without blushing or stuttering.

  "That's what I wanted to talk to about..." she continued.

  It was scary... So maybe it would be best to rip off the band aid quickly rather than beat around the bush.

  "Deku... I-I-"

   "Uraraka I don't like you," Deku cut her off, "And who would? It's pathetic that you'd want to be a hero and you're a bother to everything and everyone around you. Your quirk is useless, so why even bother trying to make it better?"

  He smirked evilly.

  "D-Deku..?" she fell to her knees and started crying hard.

  "Oh, and by the way, I like Toga now," he told her confidently, and then Toga appeared out of no where, "You should just crawl back to the hole you came from."

  The sky turned red like blood, and then Deku glitched out of existence, and then glitched back in a villain costume.

  Liquid continued to pour from her eyes.

  The ground turned black and started falling apart and disintegrating.

  She started falling, but then someone grabbed her hand and started pulling her up.

  "Thank you..." she breathed.

   Villain Deku held her with one hand and got in her face.

  "I only caught you for one reason," Villain Deku told her, with a look of pure disgust, "To tell you how much I hate you."

  Villain Deku let her fall down into the nothingness.

  She closed her eyes, waiting for the end.

  Soon she felt warmth around her.

  Uraraka opened her eyes, it was Deku... except he was in his hero costume! Hugging her.

  "Uraraka, everything's going to be okay," he told her, with a reassuring smile on his face.

  Deku used One for All to bring her to the platform where Villain Deku and Toga were standing.

  And then the Dekus started fighting.

  "Uraraka!"

  She woke with a start.

  'It was all just dream...'

  Most of it...

  Deku was hugging her!

  "D-Deku?!" she blushed red.

  He pulled away from her more with his hands on her shoulders.

  His face was red too.

  "Are you okay?" he asked with concern sparkling in his eyes, "You were crying in your sleep..."

  She didn't look into his eyes.