Chapter 2

We all looked at each other and Landon let Jacob go. Jacob retreated into the backseat and gruffly folded his arms.

"Well then where is Landon going to sit?" I asked slowly.

"I've got an idea, let's tie him to the-"

"He can sit in the back with Jacob," Toni panted. "And I don't think any of you know how to drive," she ended. Her clothes were covered in blood and she wasn't wearing her glasses.

"Can you even see?" Jacob said over Landon who was about to start speaking.

"Fine," Landon agreed walking around and sitting in the back.

Toni hopped into the driver's seat and drove out of the parking lot in a deafening silence.

"You knew Holmer was my father?!" I screamed the tears coming down harder onto me now that I was away from all the crazy.

Toni hesitated to speak. "Iris," she said finally. "Please,"

"Holmer is your what?! That ass? And he treats you like this?! That prick tried to fucking kill you!" Jacob screamed his voice beginning to crack.

"Holmer's your dad?!" Landon gulped, trying to mask his shock.

"And my mom! She didn't deserve the ending she got those pieces of shit! I wish I could've gone and killed them myself!" I sobbed bringing my knees up to my chest and resting my back against the door of the car as we neared civilization. Nobody said anything for the next couple of minutes as I cried. Every once in a while a loud sob would escape me.

My mom died, my father was and still is trying to kill me. Mabel and Harry were shot in their car after trying to be kind and carrying us home. They allowed us to live in their house for about two weeks. I'm just a clueless child being chased by a monster that wants to eat me so it can take my form. What is so special about the three of us anyways? Why Jacob? Why Landon? Why me?

 We were now on a highway and there weren't that many cars on the road, but enough to make us not feel lonely. It was well lit with smooth roads. I had finally ran out of tears and just sat there sniffling.

"I'm taking you three to my house ok?"

"Your house?" Jacob repeated leaning between the car seats again. "I thought you lived at the hospital?" Said Jacob unsure of what he was saying as it left his mouth.

"I could've but preferred not to," Toni rolled her eyes exiting the highway. She turned into a quiet area where barely any houses were. The houses were huge and made from sandstone with green vines growing along them. They had large windows and expensive looking cars in the driveway.

"Woah," Jacob mumbled pacing his face against the window. Landon hadn't said anything since I'd dropped the hell of a bombshell about Holmer earlier. I looked back between the door and seat at him just to find him sound asleep. Toni pulled into the driveway of a pretty house with a black Rolls Royce outside of it.

"Ugh my sister's here," Toni muttered parking the car and hopping out.

"You live here alone?" I asked quietly watching Toni's every move.

"No, I live with my cousins and uncle. They're really nice people and I'm sure they wouldn't mind having you guys stay with us," Toni said looking across the road at a young lady jogging and with her dog.

"Why are they jogging at this hour of the nigh-" Toni stopped Jacob mid sentence and glared at him.

"That's none of our bussiness," She snapped pointing into the car. "Now wake Landon up," She marched up the stairs and took out her phone, which had a cracked screen. Toni pulled off her bloody coat and tied it around her slim waist. She pressed her phone to her ear and I climbed out the car.

So we're staying with Toni now? I thought to myself.

A cold wind hit my face and I inhaled it into my lungs. It had to be close to November because it's not normally this cold during the rest of the year. I pulled open the backseat door and Landon almost fell out. I wrapped my arms around him as he tumbled out the car shaking awake. My knees buckled because of how weak I was and we both pathetically fell to the ground. Landon who was squeezing the bile out of my stomach rolled over onto his knees and stood.

"Are you ok?" He yawned his eyes taking in his surroundings while he gently pulled me off the ground. I nodded and Jacob rolled his eyes and walked upstairs next to Toni.

"I called my sister she's going to let us in," Toni sighed rubbing her hands up and down her arms. I still want answers from her. She had those things open and on her desk for anyone that went into her office to see. I watched Toni and slowly looked downstairs at Landon who was looking up at me.

"Always covered in blood Iris," Landon scoffed at me and I looked down at my clothes then back up at him.

"Always sipping on dumb bitch juice?" I smirked and Landon frowned at me. He ruffled his dark brown hair and looked down at his clothes that were dirty but not soaked in much blood like mine were. Landon's dark blue eyes met mine again and he smiled.

"Okay then," He commented and Jacob watched us with a grimace while he impatiently tapped his foot. The garage began to lift and we all faced the opening garage door. Toni jogged down the stairs and didn't hesitate to race towards the garage.

"C'mon guys," she called back to us. We all trailed into the garage behind her. The garage had two Lykan HyperSports one black and the other red. Jacob let out a low whistle, Landon wasn't too interested. There was a side door connecting the garage to the rest of the house which we swiftly passed through.

"Millie?!" Toni gasped lifting a tiny girl off of the floor into her arms. "Where's mommy?" Toni smiled at her pinching one of her cheeks. Millie squeezed Toni and dug her heels into her back.

"Who are they?" She giggled slowy, like she had just learnt how to speak. She had pin straight dark hair and dark brown eyes. She had the longest eyelashes I've ever seen and the cutest smile.

"Where's your mother Mills?" Toni repeated typing in a code when an alarm went off. She turned to us and pointed to our shoes. "Take 'em off," Landon and I pulled the laces and Jacob roughly yanked them off of his feet almost snapping his ankle off.

"Take off your shirt Iris," Toni demanded, not bothering to stop walking through this hell of a mansion to wait for me. The boys however slowed down a few paces ahead of me and waited. I unbuttoned the bloody mess and pulled it off of my body leaving me in a white undershirt with not as much blood on it. I looked up from my waist meeting the gazes of Jacob and Landon.

I had locked eyes with Landon, and Jacob's eyes trailed my far more exposed body up and down. I wished the ground would swallow me up at that very moment, because of being under Jacob's eyes. I began walking forwards and shoved both of them by their chests out of my way, continuing to walk ahead. Gross.

We reached an occupied modern living room. The main colours were black and white, splashes of green were scattered around the room from the plants. There was a young lady, old man, older boy and a girl about our age. Just great. More girls to hang with. She looked at me while sipping from a mug that said Tea in it so I assumed she was drinking tea.

This girl had red waist long hair, hazel eyes and long eyelashes. She was pretty skinny and wore a white sweater not zipped all the way up and white shorts. The boy had messy bleached blonde hair brown eyes and the sharpest jawline with the same beautiful eyelashes. He wore a burgundy t-shirt and grey sweatpants. He had one wireless earphone in his ear the other in the red head's ear.

The young lady had her dark brown hair in a cute pixie cut and wore a lot of jewelry and an expensive looking green evening dress. She wore a full face of makeup and gazed at us with an odious look on her face.

Oh God.