Chapter 5

I followed Tessa back to her room and she crawled into her bed and I snuggled in next to her.

"I'm sorry again about your friend Iris, everything will work out ok?" Tessa said soothingly. I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Thanks Tessa,"

I rolled over onto my back and looked up at the roof as Tessa turned her back to me.

"Um, I have another very random question," I said quietly my heart beginning to beat harder and faster.

"Mhm?"

"How old is your little sister?"

"Millie? She's four," I sat up quickly and Tessa spun over to look at me.

"Are you ok?"

"She has to sleep with us," I said opening my eyes wide at Tessa. Tessa turned on the lamp and without asking any questions flung the duvet off of her and climbed out of the bed. I trailed behind her and into the entertainment room again. River looked from the large flatscreen TV at us and curiously raised an eyebrow.

"What's going on ladies?" He asked gently.

"I don't know, but Iris said Mills should sleep with us and I don't know much about her, but I've watched enough horror films to know that you listen to the crazy person. Not calling her the crazy person but, yeah calling her the crazy person,"

"She's with Adrienne," River looked back at the TV and Tessa sprinted out of the Head Room and I ran behind her. We both entered the room where Jacob, Landon, Toni and I had been when we'd first arrived.

Adrienne still sat there with Charles and Charles craned his neck to look at the clock on the wall behind him.

"Why are you two still up?" He asked nicely.

"Where's Millie?" Tessa questionned looking around.

"She's supposed to be in her room," Adrienne deadpanned. Tessa looked at me and hurriedly jogged away. I trailed after her and she pushed open ajar doors. We were on the ground floor and the windows were open. Moonlight shone perfectly on the queen sized bed in the corner where a shilouette lay. Tessa walked towards Millie and pulled the sheets off of her.

Millie was wrapped up peacefully in the bed and her eyes were shut like she had been sleeping for a long time.

"C'mon baby we're sleeping in mine," Tessa effortlessly lifted Millie out of the bed and carried her to our room. We passed River along the way and he smiled a goodnight at us again.

Tessa tucked Millie between us and looked at me.

"Are we ready to sleep now?" She said softly, I nodded my head and she switched off the lamp.

"Iris? Listen to me!" A tiny voice said in my head. I opened my eyes and I was in the middle of nowhere. The middle of nowhere as in for miles up down and around me was just darkness. I stood up and looked around. It was cold and my breath fogged around me. "You need to find me, It's coming for you. But I can help you," The voice got more distorted and sounded like it was walking away from me.

The voice was as soft as an angel's and high pitched like a child's.

I tried to speak back but I couldn't. I physically couldn't. I was numb from cold and trying to talk back took all my will power. I felt like my brain was going to start melting from my ears from how hard I forced myself to speak back. I listened for more but there was none. Soon feeling started to come back and it felt like I was being poked by millions of little needles.

I tried to say something anything, but I couldn't. I felt like I wasn't breathing but I was. Like not enough air was reaching my lungs to let me speak. It was like trying to take a deep breath while underwater. "Now wake up," the voice whispered from right next to my ear.