Chapter 6

We passed Head Room and walked downstairs. Not like I knew where I was going, but Tessa seemed to easily navigate her way through this mansion so I followed behind. She opened a door that lead into a large room with ground to roof windows.

There was a long white rectangular table and Charles sat at the head of it. On the other side of the room was an island with a variety of food already set out.

River was helping himself to eggs and I looked at Tessa.

"Who the hell is that? God, Tess bringing more girls home?" Another girl around the table laughed. I raised an eyebrow at Tessa who rolled her eyes and wiped her hands over her face. The girl had brown hair with blonde mixed into it and dark brown eyes. She had a sweet smile and a cupid's bow.

"My cousin thinks I'm a lesbian," she laughed walking to River. I followed her and she shrugged. "She's the biggest bitch in this house,"

"What's a lesbian?" I asked, River and Tessa looked at me with weird expression on both their faces. "Okay, nevermind," I accepted the plate from Tessa and shared myself some food.

"Oh God it stinks in here Sage close your legs," this other guy snorted entering the room. The girl who was sitting around the table gasped and threw a spoon at the boy.

"Sage... August," was all Charles said while flipping the page to his newspaper. "Heh, that there Wesfield is running for mayor,"

"His son's hot," Sage giggled and August looked at her in disgust. Oh this is August and Sage. River's older siblings. I waited for Tessa to finish helping herself and then followed her to the table. Jacob was already there eating his breakfast. He hadn't even looked at me since I came in.

"Good morning," greeted Adrienne entering the room. Everybody else muttered a good morning and continued eating. She glanced around at all of us and cleared her throat. Nobody adressed the attention she wanted and she folded her arms. "I see you've put highlights in your hair, Sage," she said reaching for a mushy brown apple from the floor.

"Oh yeah thanks girly... I see you've gotten so much more..." Sage trailed off her smile turning into a grimace. "Skinny?"

"Ugh you are all fools!" Adrienne swore throwing the apple in the garbage bin behind the island. Sage and August glanced at each other and Adrienne marched out of the room.

Eating breakfast wasn't interesting. Nobody spoke to each other except for Sage and August who were seniors at AAA the school they attend which stands for Arch Angel Academy. It's for the really rich people, which they are.

"Ok ok ok!" Tessa squealed dragging me into her bedroom and slamming the door behind her. "What are you my lovely going to wear?"

She ran into her closet frantically searching through different coloured and designed blouses and sweaters. Tessa abruptly stopped and looked at me.

"You aren't cold, right?" She asked slowly and I hugged myself and let out a tiny laugh.

"I'm freezing," Tessa raised both of her eyebrows and slowly turned to face her closet with a big grin almost ripping her face apart.

"Well then I'll needa find something to keep you warm," Tessa sang jumping around to the loud bass of the music blasting from the built in speakers surrounding the bedroom.

I watched her go through the closet for clothes every once in a while holding an outfit in front of me.

"Tess hurry up we're leaving in a bit!" Tessa explained that the school provides the book and ebooks and they just have to pay to have them. I nodded and she shook her head.