OO4.

🌜💫🌛

FOUR; Stay Gold, Darling

"MAYBE I SHOULD KEEP IT A SURPRISE UNTIL BIRTH," MISSOURI FRETTED FOR THE NTH TIME BESIDE BILL, WHO HAD JUST ARRIVED AFTER AN URGENT CALL FROM HER OF DESPERATELY NEEDING HER BESTFRIEND. "Fuck why did I put it off so long?"

"Calm down," Bill consoled her as they sat outside the room, waiting for Missouri's name to be called. Although she called him to be there for moral support, Bill wasn't going to come inside with her—no, that's what the large jacket wrapped around her was for.

       The jacket belonged to Romulus Hux, Missouri's late husband. It still smelt of him (which was because she charmed it to never lose his scent) and that was the closest she had to him being in the room with her. Every appointment, it was this same jacket she wore because in a way, it gave her comfort that he's in the room with her and he wasn't missing anything.

       Missouri's thoughts ventured to Harry, who should be at Grimmauld Place with James by now. An Order meeting had just finished before her appointment, and since Grimmauld was closer to the hospital, they'd all wait there for her and Bill.

       "I wish Romulus was here," Missouri nearly tears up... curse the fucking hormones... "It would've been a relief to hear one of his stupid jokes right now."

       Bill rubbed his bestfriend's shoulder, "Oh, he's probably here as well. We just can't see him."

       Missouri scowls, "Well fuck that invisible bastard."

       "Doctor Whitney," Her prenatal doctor, Doctor Alice Antoíne, called with a bright grin. Missouri gasps, startled. Bill snorted, pushing her up gently and mouthed, you got this.

       "How are you, Rory?" Alice asks, a look of motherly concern filling her face. She and Missouri became friends when Missouri introduced Alice to one of her friends, who would later become Alice's husband. "No bleeds? No phantom pains?"

       "Besides the usual back pains from being bloated and leg cramps? Thankfully, no," Missouri gave her a smile, perching herself on the exam bed carefully.

       "How're the cravings? Baby doing fine, not too restless?"

       Missouri glowed, "The baby and I agreed on avocado, thank god. I don't know whom they got the bloody cravings for pistachio nuts from, because I hate that shit... and I bet you they'll grow up an avid kicker."

       Alice throws her head back, laughing. "I'd have no doubt. Your motherly instincts were always almost accurate. Sit back and lift your shirt up a bit. I'll warn you now, the gel is cold as hell."