CHAPTER XXXVI

Third Person's POV

Soon, they left Y/N's apartment driving to the airport. Gray warned them about the paparazzis and called his fellow guards to protect the couple. Taylor made sure no marks were in sight while Y/N put her sweatshirt on because she's wearing one of the blonde's shirt.

One of Taylor's guard opened the door of the vehicle and led them. Paparazzis were already there waiting for the singer, knowing that today is the day she'll be going to London. Some people on the way, wished her a happy birthday which she flashed a smile as a thank you.

When they reached their destination, they entered the jet being greeted by Taylor's family, publicist and guards followed by Gray. Scott and Andrea were sitted in front on the right side while Tree's on the left and Austin in the middle. The couple sat at the back together, with Y/N near the window and Taylor beside her. All through out the ride to the airport until they were sitted on the jet, Taylor never let go of Y/N's hand providing her with some comfort. The pilot announced that they're ready for take off making Y/N's heart beats faster and feeling a little nauseous. The blonde noticed her palm sweating and turned her attention to her.

"I have never done this before. Ride a plane or a jet."

Taylor smiled at her, "It's okay. I got you. Come here."

The younger girl scooted closer to her girlfriend and closed her eyes as they started to take off. With Taylor's perfume, rubbing her arms gently and whispering calming and comforting words in her ear softly, Y/N started calming down.

Gray announced that they'll be landing on the evening, six or seven in particular since it's almost a seven hour flight. Y/N and Taylor spent the time cuddling and listening to music when Tree came to them.

"Just want to let you know that photos of the two of you earlier have been all around social media right now," the redhead informed them.

Taylor shrugged her shoulders, feeling annoyed.

"You know, it always spreads like a wildfire. We'll be fine, babe." Y/N kissed her cheek making the blonde smile and let all her worries and annoyance disappear.

Tree smiled at the couple, "I can see why you didn't agree on that proposal, Tay."

Taylor nodded, leaning her head on Y/N's head on her shoulder while Tree went back to her sit.

"What proposal?" Y/N asked her, playing with the blonde's fingers.

Taylor sighed, closing her eyes. "Do you remember that night when I was super drunk and called you?"

Y/N tried recalling the memory when Taylor spoke again, "The one when we kissed and admitted our feelings to each other the next day?"

Y/N nodded softly finally remembering it, until now she still doesn't know why the blonde got so drunk that night.

"Before that night, I was at Tree's. She told me about this proposal that someone on my label wanted me to have a public relationship with someone. To help promote the album."

Y/N sat up straight, looking at the blonde. She motioned for her to continue, feeling frustated at what her girlfriend just told her.

"But I declined. I don't like the idea. I left her house feeling so angry because of what they wanted me to do and went to the bar to forget it. But it never left. It sometimes comes back to me. Like, it wasn't good enough. I wasn't good enough."

Tears were threatening to come out of those big blue eyes of the blonde. When she first heard the proposal, her insecurities got the best of her. She started thinking that the album wasn't good enough. That she wasn't good enough, to think that she need men or a fake relationship just to promote her.