prologue

"𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖌𝖔, 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖋𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖘"

She wasn't running.

Not from the unpleasant feeling that was in her stomach, spreading like a disease.

Not from the ghostly mist that crept up to her heels.

Not from this job.

She still heard her boss' s haunting words.

"I need you to kill one more."

Murphy was shadowing her, watching their surroundings carefully.

"This doesn't feel right Griffin." He said and she flinched at the use of her real name. Murphy was one of the only ones who had the privilege to know it. Her fists clenched around her rifle, making her knuckles turn white.

"You're right." She said coldly, "It doesn't."

They walked silently further into the abandoned city-hall of Polis.

"Maybe they all went home." Murphy suggested and the blonde's lips twitched slightly.

"Possibly." She muttered.

They walked towards the window of the tower and looked down at the streets of the city and nobody seemed disturbed.

Suddenly there was a piercing scream that broke the silence and they looked down to see a man holding a woman at gunpoint.

Murphy nodded towards Clarke and they knew what to do. They were partners after all and the routine was embedded in their brain.

Run

Find Target

Shoot

Retrieve Hostage.

Collect Information.

Repeat.

Murphy ran out of the room and Clarke lifted her rifle and aimed at the target.

"Ready Murphy?"

"Ready."

"I trust you."

"I know."

That was when she took the shot; the peace dissolved; everything turned into chaos.