1. Going Dark

She was knelt down next to the window, aiming her gun at the moving target. Her blonde hair was tucked behind her ear and she observed the target carefully. 

"We have to talk about it." Murphy said from next to her and she huffed in annoyance. 

"You really think now's the time?" She sneered, but there was no real malice in her voice. There was a small crease in between her brow and her face was scrunched up in concentration.

"We can't do this forever. You know what they did to us- "

"I know Murphy!" She said sternly. She did know. She couldn't forget the training she'd gone through. The torture. She'd never be able to forget the feeling of the seal breaking and the gas filling her lungs. She couldn't forget the feeling of numbness she had when she was submerged 60 feet into the freezing cold ocean. 

"We can't do this forever. We can't be hunted forever." He protested.

The target was suddenly being approached by a man, who she presumed was the dealer and she knew she had to act.

"Clarke-"

"Shut up-" She breathed, "I'm concentrating."

Murphy followed suit, sealing his mouth into a line and followed her gaze to the dealer.

She tried to stay focused.

                                                                                        Breath in.

                                                                                      Breath out.

"You can do this Clarke." Murphy appraised her.

She waited until she was sure of her aim and then.

                                                                                            Bang.

She watched as the dealer hit the ground, scarlet red blood oozing out of his chest like a stream. The target looked around to try and spot them, and Murphy and Clarke instinctively ducked.

"Thanks Murphy." She murmured and Murphy raised his brow; as though to ask her to elaborate.

"For what?" He asked.

"I wouldn't be able to do this without you." She grunted and he grinned.

"Glad to know I'm needed Griffin." He smirked and she rolled her eyes, smiling despite herself.

She rose slightly, looking out the window to look for the target. She saw him, talking on the phone and looking slightly panicked. She could practically imagine what he was thinking-  the same thoughts she got when she was made.

How did they know I was here?

How long have they been following me?

 How long do I have until they kill me next?

She looked at Murphy and he nodded at her.

"The dealer's been taken care of." Clarke said into her ear piece, "Moving out."

"Good," Kane's voice echoed back at them, "Follow him, see where he goes then report back."

"Copy that." Murphy and Clarke said in unison.

Clarke quietly placed her rifle in her duffel bag and adjusted the knife that was in her back pocket while Murphy did the same. They left the abandoned building they had been situated in, unnoticed, and blended into the crowd until they ducked into a dark, isolated alley.