2. Being only one thing, is never enough

Clarke walked into the party confidently. Her blonde swayed flawlessly against her exposed back. The hall was filled with people; mostly drunk girls and men, falling over themselves every once and a while. It was filled with the sound of excessive giggles and laughs and mainly music. Disco lights were flashing every few seconds and were almost blinding. Clarke knew what she had to do; she'd already made a plan. She walked straight to the bar and ordered a shot.

"I spotted Dax, Griffin. Three O'clock." Murphy voice came from her earpiece.

She glanced slightly to her right and out of the corner of her eye recognized him. His dark hair was slicked to the side with way too much hair jell and he was wearing a dark blue tux. She didn't move though. She was going to wait for him to come to her. Approaching him could give her away. Meanwhile she counted the cameras and the exits. There were four doors out of the party and a small restroom in the corner of the hall. So far, Clarke had counted five cameras.

"Does Dax look like he has any body guards? Backup?" She mumbled into her earpiece while being careful not to be obvious.

"Doesn't look like it. I think he's on his own." Murphy replied.

"Even better." She murmured.

She downed another shot before waving to the bartender for another. She planned not to get drunk. She would act drunk but she needed stay focused. The objective was to get information and nothing more. At that moment Dax himself took a seat next to her. She looked him up and down, wondering if he was carrying a weapon.

"Got bored of the party?" Clarke asked, giving him a smirk.

"The people." He said and she hummed in agreement.

"Well looks like they're missing out." She said, slurring her words slightly and gestured to the drink in her hand . He chuckled warmly.

"What's a girl like you doing here anyways?" He asked amused, and Clarke winced internally at his assumptions.

"You want the truth." She asked and he nodded.

She leaned in towards him until her mouth brushed slightly against his ear.

"Snuck in for the booze." She whispered and she heard his sudden intake of breath before a mischievous laugh escaped him.

                                                                             ***
Bellamy glanced over when Dax took a seat next to an attractive blonde. Monty and Bellamy had came up with a plan to see what happened with the girl Monty had encountered and Dax. Monty had set Bellamy up with an ear piece and was watching from the camera surveillance.

"That's her - the blonde girl next to Dax. She said her name was Josephine." Monty said in Bellamy's ear.

"You were right about her being pretty." He muttered under his breath, looking the blonde up an down.

"Dax didn't look like he recognized her though." Monty noticed.

"Maybe he's acting."

There was a beat of silence while they watched Dax laugh at something the blonde said.

"We really should tell the council. We're talking about nuclear weapons. If word gets out-"

"You think we should tell Pike!" Monty cut him off, "You know how he's been acting recently. I want to find out what this is all about before telling the council anything."

Bellamy turned his attention back to the girl who looked helplessly drunk. If she was acting, then she was really good.

                                                                                                    ***
"So you're a party-crasher?" He stated amused.