Chapter Twelve

Friday

When they got to the bank, a small crowd had gathered outside the main entrance. Lucia was staring down at the pavement that was clear of any people. No one wanted to be there when she did it. She wouldn't fall on anyone. She wouldn't hurt anyone in her death after hurting so many people in her life. She only prayed that her mother not mourn too much or too long. She'd left a note for her, to tell her that this is what she wanted. That no one was to blame but herself.

Her heart sank when she saw Tulip in the crowd. She didn't want her to see this. Then, she saw her brother. How did they even know where to find her?

It took a debate between Marion and Tulip to call Lucien and in the heat of the moment, he'd revealed to everyone that Lucien had raped her. Tulip got out of the car first. She didn't want to talk to Marion, it wasn't his right to out something personal the way he did. He followed her and Forest and Marceline only came after the car was parked. Someone had called the ambulance and a responder was trying to talk Lucia down.

Whilst Marion was thinking of loopholes to trick Lucia into not doing it, Tulip asked for the responder to give her her megaphone. She stepped forward in front of the entire crowd and clicked it on. "Lucia!" she called. "Lucia, look at me. Please. None of these people are here, alright? It's just me. Look at me." Once Lucia's attention was turned to her, Tulip went on. "You don't have to do this, alright? I can't imagine what you're going through, so you gotta tell me. You gotta help me help you. I know you've been feeling like a burden to us, as if you're draining us or whatever, but you're not. Lucia, we care for you and we're here for you whenever. You just need to talk to us. We love you, Lu. I love you."

In that moment, all she felt was guilt. Guilt that there were people trying to help her and she still felt hopeless, alone and empty. Why couldn't she be better? Tulip said she wasn't a burden, but she was or, at least, she would be at some point. In that moment, she tripped on the ledge and fell. Somehow, she was able to hold herself up with her powers. Troye had called it telekinesis. She floated in the air. She hadn't heard the crowd gasp when she trip or gasp louder when she didn't fall to her death. When she flew. She looked down and saw Forest looking at her with blank eyes, Marceline with hate in her eyes and the others weren't even looking at her. Lucien didn't seem surprised at the revelation of her abilities. Troye wasn't there. She saw Marion say something to Tulip.

"We need to get up there," he said. Tulip was still angry at him, she would be for a long time, but she followed him into the bank. Without thinking about it, Marion pushed through the policemen that were covering the elevator doors and one of them kicked him down. He whimpered as he fell, but the cops were so transfixed at him, they didn't notice Tulip running into the elevator. He smiled at her as the doors closed, before getting up and running to the staircase. The policemen could've chased after him, but something else had gotten their attention. Marceline was at the door with flames rooted from her hands.

She looked at him. "Go."

He ran up the stairs and breathlessly fell onto the roof when he got up there. Lucia was still floating, but she had turned to Tulip, who was trying to comfort her. Marion was amazed that Tulip could still be this empathetic. All he was was angry at Lucia. All they'd done to help her. All the times they were there for her- he was there for her. But that anger was trumped by something else. By Marceline. By the flames. By the floating. When Marceline said, "Go," she didn't mean for him to come up to the roof. She meant for him to rewind and erase. What other choice was there? Two girls were revealed to have superpowers in barely a couple of minutes.