Chapter Eighteen

Friday

"I know everything about all of you," said Lucien. "The six of you, you're not included Sailor."

"Oof." Sailor shrugged. "I still don't buy that he's got powers." Forest looked at him. I do. "I do now," said Sailor.

Lucien hissed at Forest, "I know that Marceline burned someone to death and Marion reversed time to stop her. I know that my sister can make shit float with her mind. I know that Tulip almost screamed my ears off with some sonic thing. I know that Troye is invincible. Now tell me, why do you wanna get us killed when your super friends are better suited for something like this? Whatever this is."

"I told you." Forest sighed. "I don't want my friends involved in this part of my life. Now, you tell me: how do you know all of that?"

"I don't know, but I think I'm like you all," said Lucien. "I can see you every time you use your powers. It's like a vision or something, but I thought it was all in my head until Tulip screamed at me and I got blown against a wall."

"That's a lot to take in," said Forest.

"Eh." Sailor shrugged. "Y'all got superpowers, what's so hard to believe? It's a weird world we live in. Paradise Boulevard is a weirder town. Why's it even called Boulevard?"

Forest grabbed Sailor by the shoulders. "Are you high right now?"

Sailor winked. "Don't tell anyone, but I hit a blunt every time before band practice."

"Forest, whatever it is you're trying to do here, it won't work, okay?" said Lucien. "Not now, you're gonna get us all killed."

"I'm not taking your judgement for anything, buddy," said Forest. "We're here. We're doing this."

"What are we doing?" asked Lucien.

"We're wiping every trace of me from Graves and his men," Forest stated. "There's a lot of them who know me, so it's gonna take a toll on me. I'll need you to get me out of here if I pass out after or something." He looked at Lucien. "Make sure not to violate me if I lose consciousness."

Lucien sighed. "I'm straight."

After unpacking his bag, Troye sat on his bed. It was worn and springy and the one at the clubhouse was better than this. He wanted to go back almost as soon as he arrived home. Not because of the bed, but because he didn't know how he'd sit through dinner with both his parents and the bad blood between the three of them. His parents had problems with each other, but they'd always unite when it came to his drug abuse.

A knock came from his bedroom door. "Dinnertime." It was his father. Worse, it was time to sit through dinner with both his parents and the bad blood between the three of them.

"How have you been?" his mother asked after a while, attempting to lighten the mood. "Have you got a boyfriend?"

The first person that appeared in Troye's head was Esau. "It's complicated," he lied. He lied to himself, since it was nothing at all. "Can we not talk about my love life, please? Did you keep those rehab papers?"

Mrs. Elliot's eyes widened. "Wait! You actually want to go?"

Troye grimaced. "Change will only happen when we make it happen. It's the least I can do after everything I've put you both through." His invulnerability kept him from experiencing any physical withdrawal symptoms from the several drugs he talk, but it was the mental stuff that scared him. He felt he'd need professional help for that.