Chapter One

Friday

"You gonna keep staring?" the woman asked Marion once she'd caught her breath. She had been making out with some guy, right there in the moving train. They were both half naked.

"Maybe he just wants to join," the guy suggested.

The woman smirked. "You wanna join?"

Marion picked up his tote bag with his able arm and stood up. "I think I'm just gonna go into the next car."

"Pervert," the woman hissed as Marion left. He walked into an empty coach, tossed his bag onto a seat and sat down before taking out a cigarette from the box. He gazed at the setting sun as he lit the cancerstick.

Troye was waiting for Marion at the train station and when he arrived, the former opened the passenger door for the latter. Troye entered the 1972 Beetle and Marion handed him the box of cigarettes.

"I smoked one," said Marion.

Troye shrugged as he started the car. "It's alright. You want another one?"

"If you don't mind." Marion took one and put it in his mouth. He took out his plastic lighter and lit the cigarette. "Why are you being like this?"

"Like what?" Troye asked as he manoeuvred his way onto the road.

"Like this. Opening the door for me like some chauffeur and acting all polite," said Marion.

"I'm not." Troye snatched the lit cigarette from Marion's mouth. "I just finessed you into lighting a fag for me."

"Well." Marion looked at his friend. "I licked it."

Troye stopped the car. "You serious?"

Marion shrugged.

"Man, are you fucking serious?"

Marion smirked. "Nah. Why so serious?"

Troye sighed and ignited the car. "If I'm gonna eat another man's spit, it's gonna be a man of my choice, not you. So, home or the clubhouse?"

"Home."

"Here we are." Troye stopped the car and looked at Marion, who turned to the house. "Get out, Cinderella. Your chariot's 'bout to turn to a pumpkin."

Marion sighed and stepped out of the car. "Thanks for the ride, Ellis."

Troye nodded. "Thanks for the cigarettes, Flynn," he said before tossing his cigarette out the window and riding off.

"Dipshit," Marion murmured as he stepped on the it. He picked up the dead cigarette and turned to the gate.

Lucien slid his hand from the back of Tulip's neck, then her shoulder before slowly, softly groping her chest. In a swift movement, she raised her arm and grabbed his wrist. "Don't."

"Why?"

"Because I said so. And we're watching a movie," said Tulip.

"No, you're watching a movie," Lucien corrected. They were sitting closely on a beanbag with a laptop on Tulip's lap. "Can't I just fool around with my girlfriend?"

"Not when I'm busy."

Lucien shut the laptop. "Wil you look at that? No more movie, so let me hold you."

"I said no," Tulip stated. Lucien pulled her by her chin and kissed her. She pushed him away and stood up. "You are so annoying, Lucien!" She took the laptop and put it in her backpack. "I'm going home, you should too. It's late."