Chapter 13 : The Talk

Is he talking about me ?

I--uh mean , y/n ? Haish , that's still me right ? scoffs ...

He cleared his throat , noticing the awkward atmosphere around us . " Enemy ? " I asked wanting him to talk more . I was interested on what he has to say , a month has passed and I missed those times he used to court me .

" She died a month ago ... " he spoke , hearing the sadness in his tone . shoot .. he was really talking about me , I sighed mentally . I can't just leave him here , right ? Or maybe I should make an excuse ? That would be rude .

I didn't speak instead I let him talk , and let his feelings out . " She and her friends were shot to death . I thought she would make it alive , but the doctor said she didn't make it . " My heart broke into pieces when I saw him cover his eyes with his hands . I want to just embrace him in my arms and tell him .... I'm here , Chanyeol . I'm alive ....

But I can't . So instead , I slowly caressed his back , even by just this way I could maybe comfort him . I kept sighing mentally , how long can I keep this up ? How long do I have to pretend ?

" You have the exact eyes as her ... " he spoke wiping his eyes . " Her eyes sparkled when I looked at her . She was a great person . But , I hate myself from the fact that I didn't get to save her or any from her friends ... " He sighed deeply .

I sighed again . Stop it , Chanyeol . Because you're making everything harder for me ...
" I told myself to forget about her ... now , I have Rose . " he spoke , I could hear my hearts shatter into pieces . Ouch . Did he mean , he really forgot about me that fast ?

The pain was plastered in my face , but luckily he wasn't facing my way . I continued to be quiet , even if I was really hurting inside .

" Chan -- " Someone suddenly entered the room , revealing Jisoo . I was a little relieved it was none of the girls , or else they would think I'm trying to take him away from Rose .

" Oh , I'm sorry for disturbing . Yuri , I was looking for you . " she said smiling slightly , but I could see the forming smirk in her smile . I removed my hand from his back and got up and went towards the door . I got outside and closed the door behind me . Without glancing at him ...

" So ?? " Jisoo spoke smiling teasingly . I slapped her arm slightly , " Don't make that face . " I rolled my eyes . I took her wrist and pulled her downstairs to her room to talk about it .

As we got inside her room , I took the room control and made the room soundproof . This was why I chose this room for her because this were ones of the soundproof ones . Even my room is .

" What did you just do ? " Jisoo asked as the walls began to change colors . " Soundproof " I simply answered . She nodded and sat down in bed . I sat beside her as well .

" I told myself to forget about her .... now , I have Rose ... "

His words kept repeating in my mind . I immediately shook my head , which made Jisoo look at me weirdly . " What happened back there ? " she asked . I sighed . " This is getting harder for me than I thought . " I said . She didn't speak instead she just kept quiet to hear what I'm still about to say .

" He said I reminded him of y/n ... " Her eyes widen . " Oh shit . He doesn't know , does he ? " I shook my head . " He said I have the same eyes as her . " I sighed . Jisoo shook her head . " That's because you ARE her ! Haish . He will recognize you any time . You need to be very careful . " Jisoo spoke .

" I don't think so . As long as I have this contacts . But he told me that he told himself to forget about me , now that he has rose ... " I sighed . " I don't know , Jisoo ... Do you think he should know ? "