Chapter 7: 8 of Us

Liv's Point of View 

Sometimes I feel as if the world is just collapsing at my feet and I just sit there with my eyes locked and my mouth shut watching it crumble. At least that's how I feel during this present moment. Watching Kylie stand up on the stage giving her mom a final goodbye breaks me. It breaks my heart, my mind and my soul and sometimes I feel a bit selfish in the fact watching her up there reminds me of myself. Reminds me of saying goodbye to Cierra and Daniel. Although nothing can compare to losing the person that you know will love you the most, losing the role model that has made you who you are, losing your mother. 

Kylie comes down as Mayor Shawn Blue comes and tries to address the situation and spread peace among our town. Kylie sits down and fixes her dress. In a row it's all of us. Kylie, Jake, Brook, Austin, Madison, me, Cole, and then Lilly. All 8 of us lined up assumed to be not just good friends but also known as targets of the sick bastard who is harassing us. 

The Mayor adjusts his mic and he reaches in to give his speech. "Ladies and gentlemen good morning!" the mayor looks down at the flashcards that he has prepared for us and continues, "I cannot imagine and I have a loss of words for the victims and their loved ones. Our town has the best people in it and crimes like these make us feel hurt and damaged. We now understand that these murders are connected" he puts his thumb to his tongue to lick it and turn to the next flashcard which he reads, "Two teenagers have had their life taken too soon as well as one of our Detectives a loving mother has been murdered and our police and detectives will not rest until we find who has committed these hideous crimes. If anyone has any suspicions, feel frightened or has any tips of who could be doing this please come forward. If you have any concerns or questions come to me or our police force to ask. We will be here otherwise you are free to leave. Thank you!" he steps away and walks down the stage next to the sheriff. 

We rise and exit with no questions to ask but we want justice and some damn revenge. We leave and I see Kylie walk with Madison to her range rover. I walk over and greet them with a warm smile. "Hey Kylie I am so sorry for everything that I said to you and your mom. I really wish...". 

Kylie cuts me off, "You do not need to apologize", she hugs me and holds me tight making me have to wipe a tear off my cheeks. 

After our embracement, "Kylie is going to stay with me for a while, my parents don't mind and she has lost so much and my parents are giving her whatever she needs..." Madison smiles as Kylie gets in the car. 

"And I appreciate it because I need it and I am so damn thankful" Kylie claims with her eyes watered by her sadness. 

"Yeah of course girl, but we need to get you some new clothes" Madison chuckles starting the car. 

"I guess we are going to the mall then" Kylie says with her eyes lighting up with some excitement. 

"You guys go have fun and please be safe" I warn. 

"You should come it'll be a fun girls day Brooke is coming and so is Austin" they say almost making me a bit jealous. 

"I have some things I have to do, I can't settle until I find who is doing this!" I reassure them that right now no one is safe. 

"Please be careful, we want them to have justice too but you should let the cops handle this!" Kylie and Madison say. 

"I know, anyway I am gonna go so see yah!" I say as she rolls up her windows and walk over to Cole and Lilly. 

Cole and I agreed we need to take Lilly home to her parents and try to help her but apart of me feels selfish because her help wouldn't be happening if I didn't need to know the truth of what happened that night. 

My phone sounds off and I look to read the text that came from the guy who is harassing me and is most likely the killer. It says, your getting closer to the truth and the reason why having you or any memory of you needs to go! Time is ticking!

Cole, Lilly and I get in the car, "Take us to the Coastal Manor", Cole yells into his GPS. "Out of caution her not wanting to go home I taped her hands together" Cole tells me making me glance back at her. 

"That's a little harsh don't you think" I yell at him. 

"Trust me it's not" he reassures me as we drive off.