Chapter 3: Silence Follows My Screams

Liv's Point of View

The lumpy sofa and the bits of trash and beer cans scattered through Brook's house. My phone rings reading Madison, I click decline as shouting comes from the other room. 

"Stop selling drugs, I know that brings most of our money but there is a killer on the loose", Brook's voice shouts echoing through their tiny apartment. You can hear the desperation in her voice. 

"I have to make one last delivery and then I will stop okay, this job I have is payday and could cover us for months" Daniel's voice goes through the wall. You can hear the pacing or stomping that Brook is doing. 

"Fine okay, but no more" she says back in a more mature voice but still with a demanding tone. 

"Deal" he says as they both exit the room and she comes back in with a beer for both of us. Daniel grabs the car keys and takes off but not before giving me a smile and wink. 

"Don't mind him, he is acting dangerous and it scares me" she says with a concerned tone. 

"I know but you have to trust him, anyway how are you and Austin?" I ask with a grin taking a small sip of the bottle. 

"Awesome, as you know this weekend will be our three year and we are having a huge party at his grand mom's villa down on Sea Pine Road". she says now getting comfortable and excited. 

"Count me in, although do you think throwing a party will be such a good idea after Cierra and now Jake?" I question now being a little hesitant. I sit my drink on the table and stand up getting ready to go home for the night. 

"Of course plus we will all be together and safe I promise" she says walking me to her door. 

"Okay see you tomorrow, we get to bring Jake home", I say with a smile. I walk out the door and smell the unattractiveness of the apartment complex. 

"Yeah", she smiles and shuts the door. 

My phone starts to vibrate. It reads unknown so I decide to ignore it. It has to be that psycho stalking me. My phone rings 4 more times and I decline them all. I then hear a ding and get a text message from unknown, okay then. 

--- 

Daniel's Point of View 

Sitting on the hood of my rusty car with what is supposed to be six flower vases, I throw down what's the rest of my cigarette. Another car pulls up. A nice red and black mustang pulls up with the high beams on. 

I wince at the sight as a black figure starts to walk forward with a huge box. "My boy Daniel, I have your drugs". Now I see him clearly, tall lean, with dark hair. 

"I have the storage all ready for you so let's load these vases and the trunk of my car up", I say taking the box and placing it on the hood of my car. 

He pulls out a cigarette and when trying to light he demands, "Yeah, okay just make this damn operation quick".

My eyes widen and they roll annoyed. After loading the drugs, he approaches me reaching his hand in his pocket. "Here is twenty five percent of your earnings, fifteen grand" he hands me the cash. 

He continues, "The rest will come once you deliver these and get the money, I will text you the location, be there at eleven tonight, if not your dead, remember this is it for the both of us, so don't fuck it up". He throws the cigarette bud at me and then leaves. With the money and drugs I drive off. 

---

Jake's Point of View 

"Hey handsome", Kylie walks in with a large smile and her phone in one hand. She sits down on the edge of my bed.