Chapter 1

"You look so pathetic." Laughed a boy with black hair. "Why would someone teleport in the middle of a lake. I honestly don't know what to laugh at more, you fail to do something as simple as teleportation or the fact that you look horrible, like look at you. " Continued the boy, as he floated above the lake looking down at a girl with blue-jewelled eyes. The girl just stared at him with an empty expression as he continued to make fun of her.

After what seemed forever Lucas used his magic to bring Athanasia out of the water and got her all dried up.

"Lucas, I'm not in the mood." The girl said as a line appeared between her brows.

"Come on Athanasia, you should've seen your face as you fell at the water, I have never seen an expression better than that. It's an amazing thing that this handsome magician tracked you as soon as I sensed your mana disappear from the palace. Or you would've drowned. Athy, you should've seen your face, it was hysterical.'' Lucas proceeded to make fun of Athanasia. Athanasia's brows furrowed together, indicating that she was annoyed. Lucas well aware of that fact paid it no mind.

Finally, Lucas noticed that Athanasia was acting weirdly quiet, and got a tad bit worried, the thing is, Lucas wasn't the type to show any emotions.

Munching on an apple Lucas casually said, "Anyways what happened? You are awfully quiet today."

Athanasia lazily replied, "While you were busy at the magic tower, I was at the palace getting falsely accused and getting sentenced to execution. So I did the most reasonable thing that I could think of, and I ran away, I mean I teleported here. And everyone's probably looking for me." Athanasia soft voice rang in his ear.

Lucas dropped his apple and glared at the forest around him, "That damned Emperor. I'll make him pay for what he did to you." Seethed Lucas, Lucas felt that if Claude was a good father then Athanasia wouldn't have to suffer. It appears that Emperor Claude made an enemy unbeknownst to him.

"Chill out Lucas." Athanasia calmly called out to him. "There's no use in thinking about the past, about what we could've done differently and all that. What we should really think about is the present, and what we could do to make sure no one suffers from the same fate. "

" What are you gonna do moving forward from now?" Lucas asked angrily and still quite pissed off, he then turned to stare at her enchanting eyes. For a moment he found himself lost in those jewelled eyes. He had to remind himself the now wasn't the time to let his mind wander, Athanasia needed him, and he'll be there.

"I'm obviously gonna take the crown," Athanasia replied to his question and Lucas' lips lifted upward. "I'm going to become the Empress, who knows what'll happen if my sister reigns over Obelia. I'll take the crown no matter what it takes." Her eyes sparkled with devotion to her goal and Lucas could only want to tag along to see what she'll achieve.

Emperor Claude's reign is one of the greatest in Obelian history, but that doesn't mean that there isn't corruption. For example, the noble's took advantage of the lack of interest the emperor has for his daughter and framed the Princess for their selfish gain. Who knows what they do behind the scenes, or what they might do when Jennette ascends the throne.

''So what do you propose we do?" Sighed Lucas as he asked Athanasia with a tired smile gracing his lips. The corners of Athanasia's mouth quirked up as her eyes gleamed. She felt glad that Lucas indirectly said that he'll help her.

" Get rid of them of course." Athanasia said cutely as a flush took over her face. Lucas flinched.

" Anyway's Athanasia how far do you think you'll go, when you can't even control your mana." Lucas pointed out and enjoyed as she jumped up and hugged him.

Athanasia then said, " The most handsome and strongest wizard can you pretty please teach me how to control and use my mana. Please!" Athanasia knew that he wouldn't reject the offer that way.

Lucas flushed and quickly said, " Eww get your germs away from me." Attempting to push her away, Athanasia chuckled and let go of Lucas.

Lucas a tad bit disappointed that she let go, quickly added, " Fine, I'll teach you since I'm feeling generous."

He secretly enjoyed how her face lit up and she was about to give him a hug but she stopped midway, and shyly muttered " Nevermind I was gonna give you a hug, but I figured that you'll be uncomfortable."

"I don't mind hugs coming from you," Lucas said quietly.

"What Lucas did you say anything?" Athanasia tilted her head cutely as she asked him.

"No!" Lucas quickly replied, " Like what would I have said, did you expect me to say that I don't mind hugs coming from you!" Lucas turned around to hide his red face,  Athanasia was thinking deeply about what he said.

"True, you would never say something like that. Your too thoughtless." Athanasia replied truthfully, with a cheeky smile.

"Heyyyy!" Lucas' face went red, this time from anger.

" I'm only spewing truthful things!" Athanasia shouted as she ran away Lucas running after her.

"Hey! Come back here!" Lucas' voice reached her ears and she shouted out some inaudible words as some form of reply.

Lucas finally caught up to her and tackled her to the ground, at this point, both of them were laughing.

After they quieted down they were both smiling to the sunset. Lucas didn't notice that for a moment Athanasia's smile was full of sadness before it was replaced with one of joy...

 ~~~                                                                              ~~~                                                                    ~~~

~Garnet Palace~

At the Palace, Emperor Claude was sitting at his throne emotionless, the air around him cold, colder than usual. The nobles bowing their heads until their faces reached the ground.

Claude was terrifying,  truly terrifying.

It's only been a few hours since Athanasia ran away. The emperor sent a degree that whoever finds and drags Princess Athanasia back, whether she is alive or dead will get a huge Prize. After that, the whole Empire was thrown into chaos, everyone was scrambling to find the missing Princess. Guards, mages, and even ordinary civilians were on the hunt for Princess Athanasia.

"Father!" A brunette's voice ran up to  her father, "How about we go have tea together in the Rose Garden, and let's forget all about Athanasia!"  Her voice rang in his ear.

"I suppose so." Came out his short and blunt reply as he stared at Jennette with eyes filled with warmth. For a second they forgot that he was a tyrant, he looked like any father, caring deeply for his offspring. He shoots them a glare and left with Jennette clinging to his arm.

The nobles sighed in relief as soon as they saw their figure retreat. 'She's the only one who can tame a tyrant.' they all thought, terrified.

                                                                      ~~~
   Don't forget to vote and comment :)
Please tell me what you think about this story by far!