Chapter 4

"Princess, I-I-I will miss you, don't forget to send l-l-letters. Mwah, I'll give you one more hug!" Lillian said, more like screamed the last part as she hugged Athanasia, Athanasia eagerly returned the hug, ignoring the weird stares of the people that are passing by.

"Lily, me too, I'll miss you...I don't want you to go.." Athanasia said with tears in her eyes, 

'The princess looks like a little kid, an innocent one at that. Just like the old days.' Lillian thought as a sob left her lips. She missed those days.

 Days when Athanasia was truly happy. 

As her nanny, Lily knows when Athanasia is truly happy. If someone saw Princess Athanasia's smile, they'd automatically think that she was happy.   I mean who wouldn't think she wasn't happy?

 No one. 

Too bad they failed to see her eyes... 

The eyes that held despair, loneliness, and the eyes that craved parental love.

Through her sadness, Athanasia kissed both of Lily's cheeks and whispered. " Goodbye, Lily ."  Athanasia turned around and left because if she stayed a moment longer, she'll find it a lot harder to leave. 

                                                                           ~~~
Athanasia teleported back to the cave with tears streaming down her eyes. The fact that it just started to rain was quite fortunate. She was about to go under the bed and hide, but Lucas was standing right there...

               Dun, Dun, Duh.

Athanasia tried to go past him but halted  when he said, "Wait." Athanasia turned her head to the other side, making it so that she didn't face Lucas. Sure what she did was childish but meh... 

She didn't care at this point. 

Athanasia heard a soft sigh,  "I'm sorry." Lucas said, Athanasia said nothing. Lucas repeated the same words. "I'm sorry." This time his voice was slightly trembling. Athanasia slowly turned around and froze as she stared right into his red eyes, his eyes never looked more genuine.

Athanasia wanted to stay angry for him for a bit more, but she decided to forgive him... First of all, the boy looked miserable and he did look sorry, and second of all Athanasia was emotionally exhausted and stressed. 

She didn't need more on her plate.

In the end, she forgave him for both of their sakes. So that they both could go to sleep with something less stressing them out.

"Lucas I forgive you, but I want you to promise me to tell me things that concern Me." Athanasia tiredly told Lucas.

Lucas's eyes snapped back to stare at Athanasia's jeweled eyes. He looked confused for a moment and then said. "I promise to tell you things that concern you." 

 Athanasia weakly smiled and turned around to leave.

 "W-Wait!" Lucas added, Athanasia stopped and turned in his direction, confused. " Did you cry? Your eyes are red, and your face is wet."