5

Carson:
"Do you know where we are going?"

I couldn't just stay silent and watch her go farther away from Riverview, we were far enough as it is. Anyway... she was headed for the last place I'd like to be, the place that made me who I am. I wasn't ready to remember all the torture I went through.

"Bang!"

Was that... Margie slamming the car door? She is running away from me. Just great! She has realised I'm bad luck, but I can't just let her run off. I bet she doesn't even know where the heck she is heading. I have a feeling she is new in riverview since I've never seen her around.

Now... how the hell am I going to get out and run after her?! My body is too big to wriggle around and try to open the door. This looks like a fancy car... I wonder if it can take orders. Well... I'll never know until I try. Here goes nothin':

"Open the right front door!" I ordered loudly. I heard a beep coming from the dashboard and when I looked, my eyes met a large screen that I had surprisingly not noticed before. I watched as light illuminated from it and large eyes and lips popped up on the screen.

Then a female voice said, "Yes master. And would you like me to lock it when you get out?" Wow! Even though I kinda believed it would work... it still left me speechless. This girl had to be stinking rich to afford such a car. What was a rich kid even doing in riverview?

"Master?"

The voice brought me back to reality. "Close the open door after I get out but don't lock the doors."

I didn't know if that made sense but by the way she narrowed her eyes and stayed silent, I was sure it didn't. I sighed then said, "Yes, just lock it."

I didn't have time to try and make her understand. Margie was already too far away as it is. Thank my lucky stars that the road doesn't split anywhere. I quickly got out, nearly stumbling over my own feet. I was glad I didn't fall down because it would be extremely hard to get up, considering my tied hands and it would definitely cause an earthquake due to my weight.

I ran as fast as I could, keeping my eyes on Margie. If I hadn't been an athlete a few years ago, I don't know if I could have ever caught up to her. But right now, the question is... why the heck am I heaving. Am I really that out of practice?

I was about to increase my running speed when I tripped over something and fell on the wet ground. Wait... why was the ground wet? It hasn't rained in a whole year.

As soon as that question popped up in my mind, I noticed a dog whining as it limped away.

No no no no no no. Please tell me it is not what I think it is.

I leaned down and smelt the liquid on the road. Yup. It's dog pee. I am just Casually lying on dog pee. Why would a dog even pee in the middle of the road. Perfect. My life is just fantastic! Awesome! Marvelous!

The words, dripping with sarcasm, went on and on in my mind as I rolled around(definitely smearing the pee all over me), knelt, and got up without using my hands. Well that was easier than expected.

I started running once again with a whole new energy fuelled with anger. First of all, I'm living in my grandmother's house which seems to constantly reek of onions. I mean, I've tried all I could to change the house's smell. I've tried using excess perfume, air fresheners, mint leaves and I've even thrown all the onions in the house away but it never works.

Second of all, I've been kidnapped by my own brother. Well that's just dandy. He comes to my school, wearing a goddamn mask. Like... why not just come pose as my brother, which you are by the way, and tell me that a bunch of traitors need me? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?