Chapter six

Alissia
I reached the office early, I don't know why but I feel good today. Yesterday ended better than I thought. Angel is literally an angel, she changed my day from miserable to amazing. I hope that Arthur will allow me to meet her. I settled on my desk then went to make the coffee. Arthur was also early today...

I went inside his office after knocking and placed the coffee carefully...

"Thank you" he said, well that's a first  my subconscious said to me... I stared at him. After a few seconds I quickly came back to my senses.

"Is there something else you need Mr William?"

"No, this will be fine. Just make sure and prepare everything for the upcoming charity event... I need everything to be perfect, we'll discuss about the invitation later".

"Okay" I was going to leave when I remembered the promise.

"Mr William..." he looked up from the computer

" Can I....Can I see Angel today, if you don't mind. I promised her so...." I didn't have to complete my sentence as he said..

"You can" with a smile. I was yet again surprised to see him smile again and this made me widen my smile and stare at him.

"Is there something else?"

"No, its just that you smiled and I thought you can never smile"

I blurted out, his expression changed then I understood my mistake. I thought I talked that in my mind, I placed my hand over my mouth with wide eyes ...... I saw he is trying hard to cover his laughter, he let it go a bit then shook his head. I ran back to my work place.

What the hell was I thinking? Why in the hell did I just say that to him? I thought to myself.
It's because you are an idiot, my subconscious told me. I rolled my eyes  at her,  Lucy was watching me, she raised an eyebrow in a questioning manner, I just smiled at her.....I pushed all my thoughts to the back of my mind and started working. I turned on my computer and checked for any emails.....I arranged the schedules and made a note about things in my mind then I begin to prepare for the charity event.

At break I went to the cafeteria as usual Nathan was waiting for me.

"Hey" I said, our friendship is getting better nowadays, I smiled at him and took a seat across from him on the table.

"Hey, how are you doing ?"

"Good, how is yours?"

"Going well" we talked a lot about random things, the break time was about to get over when...

"Hey Al are you free this Saturday?"

"Ya why?"

"Do you wanna hang out?....let's go to the newly started club"

"I don't know I'm not a club person"

"Come on it will be fun"
I sighed and nodded, suddenly Sophia  came to my mind.

"Can I bring a friend with me?" I asked.

"Sure. See you then, I need to get going" I said an okay, he winked at me and went to his way.

Arthur
Everything was pretty much good today. Alissia will be coming to my home to meet Angel. Angel seems to like her a lot, I have never seen her mingle with anyone except for my mother, father and the maids who watch her. Mom always made time for her; took care of her and not to forget dad even though both of them live a bit far from my home.... but still Angel was pretty much dull until Alissia met her the other day. Yesterday I felt guilty for lashing out at her for talking to that guy. I don't know what came to me, after all she is not my girlfriend or anything. Then I saw her at the ice cream shop, I saw her trying to go out without me noticing but I saw her when I entered the shop my subconscious asked me to apologise to her but I couldn't bring myself to do so, call it my ego. She was very good with Angel, even Angel started calling her Mama to be frank I was very surprised to hear that but Alissia was okay with it so I let go, I also felt good when Angel called her that not that I'm going to admit it then it became a quiet amazing night with her. We made small talks and I was comfortable except when she asked about Angel's mother, I tensed but told her half truth.....only if she new the truth.