Twenty One

Alissia
Me and Angel were having a great time, we were laughing and dancing while singing our hearts out. Arthur once told me that he doesn't have maids every day ,on weekends he preferred it to be just father and daughter time so I decided to cook some breakfast for them as my gratitude for yesterday. But it all stopped when I heard the familiar voice.

"Nice show! I didn't knew that you can dance so well Alissia....." he teased.

I froze and turned around to find Arthur sitting in one of the stool on the island with his chin rested on one of his hands with an amused smirk on his face. Double shit! Stupid! Stupid Alissia!!!!! How can you forget that he will come down after all it's his home. Dammit!!! Heat rose on my cheeks, Angel ran towards him. He bent down and kissed then sat her on the counter. She was giggling, a smile tugged on my lips. Arthur's eyes met mine, I quickly turned around and served the pancakes and scrambled eggs on a plate then placed it in front of him.

"You know, you didn't have to cook. I could have done that"

"No it's fine.....I wanted to" I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. Darren came into to the kitchen and sat in one of the stool he scowled at Arthur. I placed the food in front of him, then I served coffee for them and juice for Angel. We all ate chatting and laughing while Arthur and Darren bickered. Today Arthur was like a whole different person. He turned from a cold boss in the office to Cute Bunny. I internally laughed at the name I made for him. He really made me feel special. I have wondered why should I struggle and live my life like this? Why shouldn't I end this? But now I think that it would have been the worst decision of my life. I fought for my freedom for nothing and this moment made me realise that if I had ended it then I wouldn't be able to feel this moment, to be in here with them. No matter what ,we should never stop fighting. We should never let other people make us hate our life. They are not worth our life.

I made sure to cover the bruise on my neck infront of Angel, I don't know what or how I'll explain. She hasn't asked me anything about the bruise on my cheek. Thank God for that....breakfast went fine.

"Alissia!!!!!!!!"

Suddenly an all too familiar voice yelled my name, I ran towards the door to find Sophia standing there like a mad woman. She immediately hugged me tightly making impossible for me to breathe.

"O my God girl! Are you alright? Arthur called and told me what happened. Are you alright? Are you hurt? Are you in pain? Are..." I stopped her rambling.

"I'm fine Soph, see everything is alright" I assured her.

"I swear to God I'm gonna castrate and punch that fu..." I coughed and glared at Sophia when I saw Angel standing there with Arthur. She moved her gaze towards Angel and smiled at me apologetically.

"I mean.....that fudging monkey" she corrected, I heard Arthur chuckling even I giggled when I heard that. I shook my head at her.

"How did you come?" I asked her but before she could reply another figure tackled me with a hug.

"Thank God you are alright" Nathan said. He pulled back and looked at me with concern and worry filled eyes. I assured him that I am fine. Arthur guided us to the living room. We talked for a while and they decided to go back but I stopped them. I wanted to go back to my place with them but first I need to inform that to Arthur. I excused and asked Arthur to come with me.

"What is it Alissia?" He asked.

"Well I was planning to....I mean I want to go back to my place" why in the hell am I nervous? But this made Arthur frown.

"Why? You  can stay with me....I mean with us. Is something bothering you? Are you uncomfortable here? A...."

"Arthur it's not that, I'm completely fine here. But I have to go back. We have work on Monday and my clothes  are all there" his face hardened more.

"Who told you that you are going for work? You are taking complete rest and as for the clothes I'll buy you something till then you can wear mine"

"What no.... I want to go for work Arthur, I'm fine I'll get better within these two days so no need to worry. I have today and Sunday for resting. My things are at my apartment so I have to go back. Please Arthur work will keep me sane, I don't want to think about anything. At the office I'll be able to make myself busy" he sighed and rubbed his temple.

"Fine but we are going together, I'm picking you up and that's end of discussion" I nodded my head. I know he is worried about me as a friend that's why I'm going back. I don't wanna get more attached with them than I'm right now, I'm worried..... I need to keep some distance between us. It's for the their own good. I know for a fact that my past is gonna chase me and I don't want them to get involved in these.....