Chapter Nineteen

Author's POV
Arthur went inside his home with Alissia, there was no one except for the few maids and his bodyguard Darren. He looked at Alissia to find her staring at nothing. She was silent at the entire ride. He guided Alissia to the guest room.

"You can stay here, go and take a shower I'll bring you something to wear ok?" She nodded lightly.

He went towards his room which was near the guest room but he halted when he passed a certain room across it. He contemplated on opening the room to get the clothes , he raised his hand to turn the knob but it froze mid way. He shook his head to clear the familiar scream he always heard in the past few years in his mind then quickly walked towards his room and got a tshirt and boxer for her to change. He returned back to her room  only to hear the sound of the shower running. He knocked the door to the bathroom and said...

"Alissia, I'll put the clothes on the bed okay?" His eyebrows furrowed when he didn't get any reply. He knocked again and was going to call her again when she replied with a hoarse reply.

He knew she might be feeling down after what happened today. He promised to himself to make her happy, to make her laugh, he really wanted to see her smile. It hurt him to see her like this. He let out a sigh and walked out of the room closing the door behind him. For now he was going to let her cry and lent a shoulder if needed but tomorrow he will definetly make her laugh. He won't let anyone to hurt her. He thought a while for a plan to make her laugh and it was like something hit him. He smiled to himself and nodded.

"That will be perfect" he said to himself but to bring the plan into action he has to wait until tomorrow.

Alissia

I don't know what kind of joke is life playing with me. I closed my eyes leaning my head against the bathroom door. I couldn't hold my tears anymore, everything was a lot for me. I don't have the guts to look in the mirror right now, I know it must be bruised by now. The painkillers has worked so I'm not in that much pain but the inner pain I'm feeling right now is too much for me to handle. I stripped out of my dress and stood under the shower. I need to remove that bastard's touch. Even thinking about it makes me want to throw up. I feel so disgusted. It took a while for me to get out of all those things from my past but today everything is coming back to life to destroy me, to snatch away the peace. I took the loofah and used a huge amount of body wash on it. I rubbed it on my skin very hard, I'm sure my skin is gonna be red but I don't care. I just have to get rid of this feeling. I heard a knock, it was Arthur telling me that he has bought clothes for me. I couldn't find my voice to reply at first so I cleared my throat and tried again. It sounded hoarse and dry to my ears from all the crying. After the long shower I went outside after wrapping a towel around me. I quickly wore the dress Arthur bought for me. The tshirt rests mid thigh. I went outside in search of Arthur, I walked towards the living room and found him sitting with a glass of whiskey. He was in deep thoughts, I  was going to go near him but decided against it. I decided to go back inside the room but I was stopped by Arthur's voice. When I turned back he was standing in front of me. His hands in his sweatpant's pocket.

"Are you okay now?" He asked. I nodded.

"Um....do you want something to eat, I saw you didn't eat anything. I can quickly arrange something"

"No, no, no.......I'm fine thank you though" he nodded. "I'm....I'm going to bed then" he nodded again. We stared at each other, I felt like he wants to say something else but he is restraining himself. I turned to leave, I didn't even take two steps, he took hold of my wrist and turned me towards him. Our chests collided each other. He wrapped his hands around me and hugged me tightly.

"I understand what you are going through but I don't know how it feels........if you ever want to talk about it then I'll be always there for you. I promise you I will never allow anything like this to happen to you ever again" my eyes welled up with tears, I hugged him back tightly.

My tears streamed down my cheeks and soaked his tshirt. I don't know how long we stood like that he slightly pulled back and wiped my tears. He cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead. His lips lingered there, I closed my eyes to indulge in the moment. He pulled back completely.

"If you need anything just let me know, I'm just a door away ok?" I nodded and went back to the room. I don't know why but now my mind feels at peace. The whole whirlwind  of emotions going through my mind has disappeared. I snuggled on the bed and at that moment I realised I have fallen for him....... Fallen for him hard. I.....I love him, with that I slept with a smile on my face.

I'm sorry guys for the late update. I hope you enjoy it. Please show your love by voting. Happy reading ❤