Chapter seventeen

Alissia
It was the day of the event. The door bell rang, I opened it to reveal Sophia. She plopped on the couch and munched a packet of chips and we talked random things for a while. At five she helped me get ready. I took a quick shower before sitting in front of the mirror. I never liked too much makeup and she knew that so she went with a classy style. She gave me a shimmery gold eye makeup, eyeliner and mascara were applied. She put some blush on my cheeks,  then at last red lipstick for my lips. My long straight hair was let loose, she curled the ends and ran a brush through it. I then slipped into my dress and shoes. For accessories I wore the simple chain my parents got me. I turned to the mirror and I felt beautiful. Sophia really know how to do it!. Sophia's eyes widen when she looked at me and slowly it turned into a mischievous glint in her eyes, she smiled a knowing smile.

"Oo someone's looking hot" she fanned herself with her hands and giggled. "Just wait and watch you are gonna turn many heads"

I shook my head at her though a small smile played on my lips unconsciously when I thought about Arthur. What will be his reaction? Will he like my look? Shit! Now I'm becoming self conscious. Why in hell am I thinking what he thinks?  I can wear whatever I want! Are you trying to convince yourself or someone else. Damn my inner voice. I checked the time it was 6:20 now. Yesterday Arthur told me that he was going to pick me up at 6:30, of course me being me refused at first but when he said Angel was also attending it so I had no choice so I gave in. Okay I secretly wanted to go with him not that I'm going to admit it.

"Earth to Al" Sophia waved her hand in front of my face.

"Huh..what?" Coming out of my thoughts.

"I was asking when was he coming to pick you up?"

"Anytime now, he said 6:30" she nodded.

"By the way what were you thinking?"

"Uh...nothing" I laughed nervously, she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Don't you dare lie to me you bitch!"

"What?! I'm not lying you..you idiot!"

"Haha try lying to someone else you dumb fool! Now spill"

"No wait let me guess.....you where thinking about Arthur weren't you?!" She asked. "I knew it!" She continued when I didn't say anything.

"Oops I forgot to wear my earring!" I said to change the subject, suddenly she took a small velvet black box out of her bag inside there was a beautiful single diamond stud. It was her favourite and special earring given by her mother. I looked at her. She was smiling at me.

"Wear this today"

"But this is your special stud, I can't wear this"

"Exactly it's my special stud and you are my best friend no you are my sister and you are special for me. Just wear this today for me"

I tried to argue but she was more stubborn than me. I sighed and agreed, I was putting it in my ear when the bell rang. Sophia ran towards the door and opened it. I walked out of the room while putting the earring and there he stood in all his glory. He was wearing a black button down shirt with black pants and a deep red suit over it, black pocket square was there. His hair was neatly fixed and black watch on his right wrist, to complete the look he wore black formal shoes. Woah suddenly its feeling hot in here. Then our eyes met.

Arthur
I was driving in my black BMW convertible to Alissia's apartment. I don't prefer drivers that much except for some occasions. Anyway I can't wait to see Alissia. I have no idea what is she going to wear today well thanks to my daughter. She is getting mischievous day by day. I shook my head at the thought she even didn't allow me to see her dress when I told her I would help her decide and mom teamed up with her. I reached her apartment and rang the bell. Her friend Sophia opened the door and grinned at me.