Chapter 003

A/n: There will be Na'vi spoken in this chapter. It was suggested to me that I write it in cursive.
Cursive: Na'vi
Normal: English

Tsu'tey pushes my feet further apart. His hands fall from my elbow, which he pushed upwards, and puts them on my waist. He turns my body sideways. I feel his breath against my neck.

"Head high, feet apart, body sideways and aim," he whispers. He lets me go and lets me aim. 

I higher my head and pull the string back. I release the arrow and I'm surprised as it hits the target. That I did not expect. I knew it would hit something , not just the right thing. I turn to Tsu'tey. He stands casually leaned against a tree, watching me. 

"Do as good with the rest of the arrows until we move on to the language."

The quiver is filled with twelve arrows, now eleven. Of all the twelve, ten hit the target. I was proud of myself. Looked like Tsu'tey was, too. 

Tsu'tey grabs me by the hand and pulls me after him. When he lets me go I have to orient myself. I control my surroundings and run after him. Gracefully he pushes himself up a tree. I follow him, not as gracefully as him, but I manage. I find him sitting on a big branch with his legs dangling over the edge. I sit down next to him. 

"you are a warrior," he says. I look down over the landscape around us. It's as eyecatching as the first time I saw it. His statement grabs my attention. I look over to him. His eyes are stuck on me. 

"I'm not, not yet anyways." He looks amused. 

"Na'vi," he say. "Grace has taught you, I know that." 

"I'm not good at it," I replay 

"Good enough."

––––

A few weeks later

Grace and Norm thought it would be a good idea to transport out to Pandora, so that we could be closer to the Na'vi.

I'm really starting to get the hang of the language and the life of a Na'vi. But I've still not gotten accepted as one of them. I can't blame them, not really. Every day I work my ass off to get as good as possible, and every day I earn satisfied looks from Tsu'tey and other Na'vi. I've learned that, to be accepted I need to be accepted by Eytukan and Mo'at. 

Jake has already been accepted to be one of them.

A/n: I won't go through the whole process of how that went, I will refere to the movie and this fanfic is, after all, about (Y/n) and Tsu'tey. Okay, back to the story :)

After a day of archery, I ride with Tsu'tey back to the Hometree where we are greeted by the whole clan. I see Jake with Neytiri, and Grace. Tsu'tey walks to stand next to his leader. 

"(Y/n), your training has been making you stronger. Not only your body, but also your soul and mind," Eytukan speaks in a clear voice. I stand tall, with my head high. 

"You have proven courage and strength, you are willing to learn and grow. With those words I declare you one of us. Oel ngati kame." (I see you).

The Hometree is filled with shouts and applauses. Tsu'tey gives me a nod. The phrase "Oel ngati kame" can be heard throughout the tree. Mo'at and Eytukan puts their hands on my shoulder, so does Tsu'tey, Jake and Neytiri. Soon the rest of the clan follows. I look over to Grace, who gives me an appreciated smile. 

––––

A/n: This was not really a long chapter, just around 600 words... I promise that the next chapter will be longer, and hopfully more exciting! 

Comments and votes are appreciated! 

Until the next chapter!