Chapter 010

Mo'at comes rushing up to us. She highers her knife. 

"Please," I plead. My first thought is that she will slit our throats. But when she draws closer she cuts the ropes around our wrists.

"Help us," she says in English. 

We start running away from Hometree. When we are only a few feet away the tree starts cracking. I turn around and see that the tree is about to fall. I help Mo'at away from the tree. Around us branches are falling, and dust is raining down over us. All around us are people running away from their home. Their only home. My home.

As the tree falls we are running as quickly as our legs allow. 

The tree falls with a loud thud. As soon as the tree has fallen everyone stops to look. The aircrafts has returned back home and left the whole Omaticaya clan in pieces. Na'vi are falling to their knees, crying. I do the same. Not only because of Hometree, but because I have no idea where Tsu'tey is or if he's even alive. 

I'm scared to my bone. Grace helps me up. 

"We have to go," she says calmly. Many Na'vi has started to walk away from Hometree. When we have walked a while Grace falls down. 

Shut down, I think to myself. I start to panic. I need to find Tsu'tey before they shut me down too. What if I never find him again? It's the last thought before everything turns black.

————

When I wake up I'm laying in a cell. Grace, Jake and Norm are around me. It's quiet. No one is talking. I don't know how long I've laid there before Trudy helps us out of the cell. Everything happens in a blurr. The only thing I can think about is Tsu'tey. 

I know that we are running to an aircraft, Trudys I assume. The next thing I know is that we're in Pandora again, walking up to the pods. 

I notice somethings wrong with Grace. Everyone is gathered around her. When I see the blood on her shirt I gasp. I walk up to her. She looks up at me where she lays in her pod with a blanket draped over her. 

"Go back in Y/n," she tells me. 

"Grace-." She cuts me off. I feel my hands start to shake but I contain it. This is no time to start crying or breaking.

"Go." She gives me a quick smile. Norm leads me away from Grace, to my pod. As I lay down I look up at him with pleading eyes. He just shakes his head. 

"It'll be fine," he tells me. I give him a quick nod before closing the pod. 

————

As I wake up I have to cough, but I think a little clearer. I tense as I hear a soft thud to the left side of me. My heart is raising and adrenaline rushes through my body. I lay still until I gather the courage to turn my head towards the sound.

I'm relieved at what I see.

"Ziao." I let out my breath. She slowly walks up to me as I stand up. I reach my hand out for her. She leans her head against it. Now that I can think clear I know where the Omaticaya clan must be. I mount Ziao. 

"Vitraya Ramunong," I whisper to her. She kicks away from the ground and we are in the air. I feel the freedom like the first time flying her. We fly through the wind.

We're flying towards the tree of souls when I feel Ziao tensing through our bond. I slowly pet her head and throat before looking around. I quickly urge her to dive. 

High above us is an leonopteryx. 

We quietly glide through the sky, carefully not to get his attention. As I look up at him I see something above him. It's small but I can still see the silhouette of an Ikran. 

What is it doing? When it draws closer I see someone sitting on top of the Ikran, I also recognize the Ikran. 

"Jake," I gasp out. "What is he doing?" I'm about to fly up to him when he lets go of his Ikran and falls down on the leonopteryx. I gasp. The leonopteryx screams out as Jake connects their bonds. 

Toruk Makto

I carefully fly up to Jake. Ziao is trying to pull away while we slowly near us the leonopteryx. I calm her down by telling her it will be fine. After a few seconds of her resisting we're next to the leonoteryx. 

"Jake," I call. He turns his head in my direction.

"Y/n." He smiles and I smile back. 

"What are you doing?" I ask him with a concerned tone. 

"I seriously don't really know." Suddenly the mood has changed. He sounds upset, sad maybe. "All I know is that I want to bring the Skypeople down." 

Grace, I think. For a moment I look up in the sky, praying she's in a better place. Hoping Eywa will hear me. The rage flods up inside of me, once again. 

The way he says 'the Skypeople'  makes me think he doesn't look at them as his home nor family neither. I know he misses Neytiri the same way I miss Tsu'tey. He wants justice, same as me. The way the Skypeople literally burned people out of their homes has made us see that they can't be the home we thought they we're. 

I look at him, he looks back at me. 

"Eytukan is dead," he says in a low voice. He sounds hurt. I gasp out. 

Neytiris dad is dead. Once again, I feel pain and hatred against the Skypeople rushing through my vains like a poison. I pray to Eywa that he also is in a better place. 

After a moment of silence I look over to Jake again. 

"Vitraya Ramunong," I say. 

We fly high above Pandora, through the Hallelujah Mountains. Towards the Tree of Souls. 

Towards our family.