Chapter 19

Draco's POV

Finally. The ball. Everything looked even more beautiful than it had at the Yule ball. The entire Great Hall was decorated with black and gold drapes and looked absolutely grandiose, golden stars hanging from the ceiling among the candles. But it was nothing compared to the beauty I saw enter the ballroom before heading my way. 

Her long hair was tied in the most elegant bun I have ever seen. Her skin glowed under the golden light of the candles above and her ball gown was a burgundy color with intricate golden lace borders that highlighted her beautiful skin even more and accentuated her delicate figure. A black ribbon was tied to her wrist and seemed to be floating in the wind. She was even more beautiful than she had been at the Yule ball. She looked so glamorous and luxurious...

She came up to me with this warm and gorgeous smile that made me forget to breathe. She held out her hand to me. I kissed the top of her hand, keeping my eyes on hers. Brown eyes of such beauty I would have been happy to get lost in them forever. Everything seemed to disappear around me. All that was left was her.

...

Blaise's POV

I really felt like I should hold Draco's jaw before it could drop to the floor. He seemed to have forgotten that the girl in front of him already was his girlfriend. I wondered if he still had any memories at all. 

Everyone in the Great Hall had gone silent when they had seen Granger come in. Everyone had turned their heads towards her. I could see the jealousy in the eyes of some students, both girls and boys, but most people looked amazed. Draco looked very beautiful in his night blue, almost black suit. He almost looked like he was the moon's son. And the way he looked at her... She was probably the only woman who could ever make him fall to her knees. I knew my friend and how stubborn he was. She was the only girl he ever loved.

After several minutes of silence, people finally started talking again, at first by whispering, before the whisper transformed into a murmur and the murmur in a normal conversational tone. 

Music started and someone opened the ball, though I didn't exactly remember who. I was too concentrated on looking at my favorite couple. They were looking at each other with this fire in their eyes. Passion, love, care, softness, and every emotion needed to make love last forever.

Slowly, couples started dancing, the magic of the ball taking place. 

...

Hermione's POV

These grey eyes. Perfect skin. Angelic traits. Elegant movements. Confident posture. He had always had them. But the way he cared for me was still quite new. I had never thought before that Draco Malfoy could be so caring, but he was. This look in his eyes...

Everything was so perfect that I felt like I was in a dream. The flow of the dance and the boy I was dancing with were accentuating this feeling even more. I couldn't concentrate on what was going on around us. I could only concentrate on him, my hand in his, his other hand on my waist, how comfortable and happy I felt when I danced with him. We were getting closer and closer, the pace of the dance slowly decreasing. The tip of his nose caressed my cheek softly in such a caring way that it made me feel even warmer inside. He landed a small kiss on my lips. A second one. We kissed for a little longer at the third one, but always had to be careful because of the mandrake leaves that we still had in our mouths, reminding us of our problems. At least, we would go through this together. 

After hours of dancing, we went to the astronomy tower and looked at the stars in silence. No words were necessary. Everything was so perfect. It was such a beautiful night, and the view from the astronomy tower was magnificent. Somewhere inside me, I wanted this moment to last forever, especially when I thought of the long path that extended in front of us, full of danger and mystery. 

_________________________________________________

Author's note: Ughhh this chapter is even shorter than the last one, sorry!!! I'll try my best to make the next chapters a little longer. Also, I won't post tomorrow (I wrote the reason why at the end of chapter 18), but I think that it will be the only day when I won't post. By the way, don't hesitate to comment (especially to help me correct some mistakes, I know my grammar is far from perfect).