Getting Out

Baylee

I was in my foster room, in my foster home when the door opened. It was my brother Matt. He looked so excited. I wonder why?

"Baylee, it's my birthday, I'm 18, we get to leave!!!" He screamed so excitedly.

"What?" I could barley break out the words.

"We get to leave this place and live our lives!" He said once more, this time grabbing my shoulders.

"Really??" I said, finally processing his words.

"Yes!"

"Ok, when do we leave!!"

"We are being taken to Nash Griers house later tonight around 5 so start packing!"

My heart dropped, I finally get to see my second brother (by heart) again. It's been 10 years since ive seen him!!
I hugged Matt and he wrapped his buff arms around me,

"We finally get to leave." He whispers.

"I know." I said, a tear slipping from my face into his chest.

"Now go, you have to pack as well I assume?" I said.

"Yes ma'am."

He left my room skipping, and I was left with a big smile on my face. Then one of my Roomate sisters walked in, Julia, I've known her ever since I came here, she was my best friend and now I'm leaving her. This is going to be really hard to tell her.

"Hey Julia can we talk?"

"Yes of course."

She sat next to me on my bed her face had a crimson smile on it.

"My brother, Matt, um just turned 18, and uh we get to leave."

Her smile faded and went into a frown, her eyes filled up with water and I hugged her, she was shaking from her crying, I rubbed her back and she pulled away, she tried to stay strong, for me, for herself, and for Matt.

"Okay, I'll help you pack."

"Okay"

She grabbed my suitcase and threw it on the bed. I went to my drawer and pulled out my t shirt I got from my foster home mom. It was the only thing I'd remember her by. Her name is Kelly, she brought me and Matt in the foster house when she found us on the side of the road. She always adored me and Matt, me and Matt are 3 years appart, I was four and he was seven when we were abandoned, we were stranded for about a month, until Kelly came. I'm going to miss her the most. She cared for me and Matt in a way that my birth parents never did. I'm so thankful for her,

}{ }{

It was 5 now and I was waiting down stairs in the main hall, saying goodbye to everyone, I said goodbye to Cassidy, she was like my older sister, she was 16 and had a small crush on Matt. Next was Isabelle, she was my age but acted like a toddler most of the time, then Julia, the tears were bursting out of her like Niagara Falls I hugged her tighter then ever and told her that I'd find her someday again, the lastly was Kelly, she was about to cry but stayed strong for me and Matt, she took me and Matt in for a hug and we all sobbed in each others arms.

"You kids be good now okay?"

"Yes Kelly."

"I'm going to miss my babies so much, enjoy your life, matthew take good care of this little one,"

"always have always will kelly."

"I love you both." She said hugging us one last time.

Matt put his arm around my shoulder and we started walking out the door we both looked back, waved and blew a kiss and we were out the door, about to start the life we always wanted. And it felt good.

Hey guys welcome to yet another story of mine!!! Hope you guys liked it!!! Vote, comment, and read!! Love you guys!!