2: Hanging Out

Knock knock knock. Rose squealed and ran to answer the door, knowing it was Juleka. Rose had liked Juleka for so, so long now, but she simply accepted the fact that her best friend would never feel the same.

"Jules!" Rose said, opening the door and pulling Juleka into the house. "Nice to see you too, Rose," Juleka said, a half smile on her face. "C'mon, lets go to my room so we can do homework!" Rose said excitedly, almost running up to her room. Juleka chuckled and followed her upstairs.

"I don't get it. Why are you so excited to see me even though we spend literally every minute of our time together?" Juleka asked, curious. Rose reddened slightly. "Because we're best friends, silly! Of course I'm always excited to see you!" Rose exclaimed and the two girls went into the room.

The two girls sat side by side on Rose's bed, their sides almost connected. "Ugh, we have all this homework," Juleka muttered, getting a pencil out to start her papers. Rose followed, as the two did their homework in a comfortable silence, the girls occasionally breaking it if one needed help.

After a while, they both finished their work. "What do you wanna do now, Jules?" Rose asked, looking into the girl's copper eyes. Juleka shrugged. "Got any movies?" She asked. Rose nodded. "Let me guess, want a scary one?" Rose asked. "Oh, you know me so well!" Juleka said playfully and booped Rose on the nose. Rose blushed slightly.

The two girls sat on Rose's bed, done homework put aside as Rose choose a horror movie on TV. Although Rose often said she disliked horror movies since they were scary, she actually enjoyed them, because she could often get close to Juleka with the excuse of being scared, and although she actually was, it worth it to be close to Juleka.

Rose excused herself from the room to heat up some popcorn. "Hey Rosie, how's homework going?" Rose's mom asked her. "We finished that. Now Juleka and I will watch a movie!" Rose said excitedly as she heated up popcorn and her mom nodded. Rose waited for a moment as the popcorn cooked until it finished. "Bye mom!" Rose exclaimed, going upstairs. Rose's mom smiled. Juleka was a good choice of a friend for her.

The two sat eating popcorn, watching the movie attentively. As the jump scares occurred, Rose brought herself closer to Juleka, wrapping her arms around the taller girl. Juleka played with the blonde's hair as the movie continued. By the end of the movie, Rose was practically straddling Juleka in fear from the movie, her face hidden in Juleka's neck, the popcorn forgotten. Soon enough, she heard the movie finish.

"Rose, the movie's finished," Juleka said, attempting to pull Rose from her. "It's comfy here," Rose exclaimed, staying in their current position. Rose looked back and saw Juleka's normally pale cheeks red, before cuddling back into the taller girl's neck.

Juleka gave up trying to pry Rose from her, as Rose felt hands around her back. Rose put her mouth near Juleka's ear. "You're comfy, Jules," she muttered into her ear. "I know, Rose. You tell me that every time we see a horror film," Juleka replied, but Rose could simply tell Juleka was smiling. "Just need to make sure you remember," Rose whispered into Juleka's ear.

After a bit, Rose had decided to pull away from the girl she was hugging tightly, however they were still physically close. As she pulled away, her lips had accidentally ghosted slightly over Juleka's neck, and she felt Juleka stiffen slightly. When she sat next to Juleka she saw she was a brighter shade of red. Rose hugged the girl again. "You're my best friend, Jules. Did you know that?" Rose asked. Juleka returned the hug, resting her chin on Rose's head. "Mhm. You're my best friend too," Juleka said. Rose reddened, as she breathed in Juleka's perfume.

Rose's phone buzzed, and she pulled away from the hug to see the notification.

Hey, Rose. What are you up to? 6:34
Hey Marinette. Juleka's at my house with me! What about you? 6:35
Oh that's cool. I'm about to help my dad at the bakery 6:35
Wow, that's so awesome! 6:36
Oh, got to go! Bye! 6:37
See you at school! 6:37
Mhm. Bye 6:38

"Who was it?" Juleka asked curiously. "Oh, it was Marinette," Rose replied. "Oh nice," Juleka said. Rose stood up, going through a part of her dresser, looking for a paper, which she found. "What's that?" Juleka asked, pointing to the paper.

"Some lyrics for Kitty Section!" Rose replied. "Oh nice. Can I see?" Juleka asked. Rose nodded and handed the paper over.

𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖘 , 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖇𝖔𝖜𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖘
𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖏𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖇𝖊?
𝕸𝖞𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘, 𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑
𝖂𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖆𝖑𝖑 3 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖇𝖊 𝖗𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑!
𝕻𝖎𝖓𝖐 𝖋𝖑𝖚𝖋𝖋𝖞 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖘, 𝖉𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖇𝖔𝖜𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖝𝖚𝖙𝖊 𝖕𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖘
𝖀𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖘, 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖇𝖔𝖜𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖘
(A/N: I apologize if these lyrics are crappy. I just randomly thought of them.)

Juleka nodded. "Pretty cool," she said. "Yay! I'm glad you like it!" Rose replied, jumping up and down from her seated position. Juleka smiled and put her hands on Rose's shoulders, steadying her. "C'mon, you're gonna break the bed," Juleka exclaimed. Rose grew a smirk, and Juleka knew exactly what she was thinking. "Rose, no! I wasn't thinking about it like that," Juleka said, exasperated.

Rose giggled. "Sorry. I had to!" She replied. Despite how naive the girl was, Rose had quite a dirty mind, which Juleka understood and could read those thoughts easily. "Oh, we forgot about this," Juleka said, pointing out the popcorn on the bedside table. "Oh, oh! I have a good idea! Let's try to throw the popcorn into the other's mouth!" Rose said excitedly. "Alright, sure," Juleka exclaimed.

They played that game for a bit until all the popcorn was gone, Rose missing more than Juleka. The two went downstairs, as Luka was in his car to pick up Juleka. "Bye, Juleka!" Rose exclaimed, kissing her on the cheek. Juleka reddened and smiled. "See you at school," Juleka replied.

A/N: That's the end of this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any criticisms or something, please comment them. Goodbye, and have a good day/night!