22.

Working with Harry is a routine that falls all too perfectly for Louis.

It's the bliss of his day, to be able to sit with Harry and his wonderful team of songwriters and write out ideas, concepts, and just scribble sentences and words that pop into his brain, and building up a beautiful song from that. 

The bureaucracy of copyrights is a matter that Louis avoids at all costs, and for that, he's grateful for having Jeffrey working alongside him and making sure that his name is present in most of the songs he helps writing.

In fact, Harry's team is impressed with Louis' talent, his ability of putting together words and terms that sound so beautiful and well-constructed. Harry had even gifted with an small notebook, similar to his own, where he could write whenever he felt like it. Louis - obviously - had loved it, and hasn't stopped writing and doodling all over the pages even since.

His favorite days are the ones that he gets to spend in the comfort of their hotel room, stumbling around the furniture tiredly and watching Harry do the most domestic of activities while he sits in a corner and writes about it. 

It's too easy for Louis to find inspiration when it is waking up right next to him every morning, and falling asleep with every night. 

That's where they find themselves then; sprawled and shirtless inside the privacy of their room. The TV is on, but it's muted, and the only sound in the room is Harry's guitar, playing softly in sweet chords that bounce off the walls. 

The singer is humming random tunes and rhythms, creating melodies out of his head, fiddling with the strings of his instrument and sitting a reclined armchair in the corner. Louis sits on the bed, across from where Harry is, notebook in hands as he glances over his lover under the midday sun. 

It's their last day in Nashville; Harry has been requested to participate in a few stunts in New York later that week. 

Although Louis isn't familiarized at all with any American state, he's certain that he will miss the humid weather of Tennessee, the rush of the southeast state, and the magic lights of the huge city. However, he's excited to reach the northeastern area and meet the famous sights and locations there. Mostly, he's thrilled to be able to experience all of it with Harry.

"Lou?" He hears the voice echoing amid the sounds of the guitar. 

He glances away from his notebook, away from his own deep pondering, and meets Harry's figure. "Yeah?"

The singer smiles through the chords. "What are you thinking about over there?" 

Louis sighs.

He stands up, leaving the bed and the notebook behind, and walks towards his lover. He removes the guitar from Harry's hands gently, places it on the mattress, and straddles Harry's lap, wrapping both arms about the singer's broad shoulders. "I was thinking about you." He responds in a whisper, touching their foreheads.

He fights the blush that creeps his cheeks when he feels Harry's hands fly up his thighs, tenderly gripping his muscles. "What a coincidence. I was thinking about you too." Harry says in a hoarse voice, his breath brushing Louis' exposed collarbones.

The smaller man shivers slightly. Harry looks too good, shirtless and under him, untamed curls on the top of his head, framing his carved features. Louis closes the distance between them, connecting their lips in a heated kiss. 

Harry's hands fly to his waist, curvy and delicate under the dense air. He doesn't realize that his heart is beating fast until the singer's fingers reach his chest, and he chuckles amid the kiss at the thundering sound of his heartbeat. Harry is quick to capture Louis' thighs inside his arms and pull them up from the armchair, walking towards the free space in the mattress and gently laying Louis there, bending down to avoid breaking the deep kiss.