Chapter 5

Two months after moving to Los Angeles, Jo had found a good stability in this city. She kept on working on herself, her wellness and her study. She had worked hard on this project and had made great advancement. She continued to spend one evening per week taking care of herself and saw her therapist several times a week.

That night, she had decided to invite Addison to dinner at her house to talk about their lives and to evaluate the first two months at the practice. When Addi entered the house carrying a very fancy bottle of wine, she realized very quickly that her friend had made sure that the house was perfect for their girl's night.

"To be completely honest with you," Jo started as she prepared food in the kitchen, "I'm not used to doing girl's nights and I had no idea what to prepare. Consequently, I got wine, beer, hot chocolate, petit fours that I bought at a catering company, popcorn, Chinese noodles and expensive vegetarian salads."

"Anyway, we won't starve tonight. Personally, I must confess I have a weakness for Chinese noodles and wine."

"That's perfect." Jo agreed, putting glasses of wine and Chinese noodles on the table. "I guess Jake and Henry are off to a basketball game tonight?"

"Not exactly," Addi answered, "they are watching a game on TV and just like us, they're having a men's night. The only difference is that they don't drink wine and noodles, but soda and French fries."

"It must be wonderful to know that you're surrounded by people who love you and love each other. I would dream about starting a family."

"Don't worry, you'll start your family soon. Pretty soon, you will also be awakened at seven o'clock in the morning every Saturday to take your son or daughter to his or her training sessions. Soon, you will also have to go once a year to the school's shows. Soon, you too will taste the impalpable comfort of this little miracle. You will also build your family."

"I don't even dare dream about it anymore."

"You know that the most beautiful men in all of America live here in Los Angeles. If you want to build something serious, it would be better to do it here."

"Thank you for this information. I will know how to use it at the right time. As a matter of fact, I think I am definitely going to stay in this town. Actually, I feel really good here at the practice and in this house."

"I didn't dare ask you that question because I was afraid, you'd tell me you wanted to go back to Seattle. I am glad you are staying with us. You know, you are the refreshing change our team needed and you are doing all of us a lot of good. Moreover, speaking of me, I want to tell you that you are really an extraordinary person and that in a short period of time, you have really become one of my best friends."

"Thank you, it's a reciprocal thing, you almost became like the sister I never had. I also like being part of your family at times."

"You are a part of my family. The proof is that you've been living in my house for two months without ever paying rent."

"If you want," Jo said as her embarrassment began to show on her cheeks, "I can pay you back the money I owe you. Your house is really fantastic and it's just great to live in. It would be normal for me to pay you rent. I don't want to depend on you and your accommodation."

"Sweetheart," Addison comforted her, "you can pay me rent if you want, but you don't have to pay me back the rent for the last two months. Consider it my gift to you for your new life."

"If you want, we can even sign a lease, Madam My Landlord."

"I'll have my lawyer draw one up, it would justify the extravagant fees I'm paying him. Well," Addison said as she raised her glass, "I propose a toast to your permanent installation in Los Angeles."