Chapter 10 - Epilogue

Several months had passed since Jo and Alex had decided to get back together and everything was going perfectly well between the two of them. They both continued to attend both individual and couple therapy, and they continued to live together in Addison's big house on the beach. They both felt like completely new people.

It was a special day. Indeed, today they were welcoming Callie, Arizona, and their daughter Sofia, coming to spend a week in Los Angeles. Since Arizona had moved to New York with their daughter, they had lived together in perfect happiness. Arizona had called them one month before, saying that the three of them were planning to come to Los Angeles for a medical seminar in which Callie would be speaking. Alex had told them at that time that they had plenty of room and therefore they could host them in their home during their stay.

The three girls arrived around three o'clock and right away Arizona and Alex hugged each other to show that although they did not see each other often, the affection they had for each other was still undiminished.

"No lies," Callie said as she looked at the house, "Addison has really good taste in terms of home decorating."

"I totally agree," Alex answered, "and yet you still haven't seen the terrace! This house is one of the most beautiful places in the world. It's basically heaven."

"We were lucky Addison was willing to lend it to us." Jo commented with a smile.

"By the way, how is she?" Arizona asked, as they all walked into the house and put their belongings in the living room.

"You will find out soon," Jo replied, "she will be coming to dinner tonight with her husband and her son. You'll see, they're great."

"On a personal point of view," Callie continued, "I would have a hard time picturing Addison with a jerk or a dork. She always did have good taste in husbands."

"I agree." Arizona added, with a smile to her friends. "Just so you know, it's a great pleasure for us to come and spend these few days with you. We are glad the two of you are back together. You deserve to be happy."

"By the way," Sofia said, handing Alex a big package, "we brought you a little present."

"Thank you, Sofia." Alex said as he grabbed the gift.

Alex opened the gift and discovered a beautiful painting that represented a view of New York City skyline. They thanked their friends for this little attention. They were clearly lucky to have such great friends.

The three of them installed themselves in the bedrooms of the house and then Arizona offered Alex to go walking to do some shopping for dinner. As soon as they were out of the house, Arizona decided to inquire about the relationship between Jo and Alex.

"So, how are things going with Jo?"

"It's going well, it's going really, really well. I am the happiest man in the world when I am with her. In fact, I..."

"In fact, you what?"

"I don't know, I'd like us to move forward and take a step forward in our relationship, but I don't know if she has the same vision as I do."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know whether, after everything that has happened between us, she still wants to be married to me and have a family with me."

"Have you ever talked about it?"

"No, because I'm afraid she might feel offended, that she might think I'm pushing her too hard or I might want to rush things. I do not dare talk to him about getting married again because I know how difficult the divorce has been and I do not dare talk about having children because it might bring back negative memories. I just want her to feel comfortable."