7

Kaden black

I watched him leave, packing everything into his car before he drove off. I was as subtle as I could be, my car following behind him until I saw him arrive home, safe and in one peace before I headed to my own home.

I parked the car in front of the garage, staring up at my families home, a one story normal peach painted home and stuck my hands into my pockets. He was busy tonight and tomorrow and any time after that, too busy to spend even an hour with me as me and not his student. I shook my head and chuckled entering the house.

The scent of food lead me to the kitchen, I watched as my mom smiled to herself while she prepared dinner.

"Kaden, how may times have I told you it's creepy to stare?"

"Enough times to encourage me to continue." She laughed and shook her head before looking up at me. Her bright grey eyes were happy, her scent calmed me enough that I could offer her a smile, albeit small, but not enough to erase the dull ache in my chest.

"How was school?" I walked over and slid my bag to the floor. I leaned my chin on my palm and yawned.

"Uneventful." I lied through my teeth and she raised a brow, I shrugged knowing that telling her wouldn't really make much of a difference to my situation. Especially since she'd try to help and I doubt it would make things easier for me.

"Does that mean I should expect another call from the principal?" I smirked halfheartedly.

"I didn't do anything today." She hummed.

"I hope so. Last thing I want to hear is you failing or worse, beating someone up." I pursed my lip.

"Broooooo!" The slam of a door had me groaning as heavy hurried footsteps barged into my home.

"This is my happy place," I chanted and buried my head into my forearms as my best friend came into the kitchen.

"Hey, Mrs.Black."

"Gale." My mom greeted amused.

"Bro," Gale poked me.

"Yes?" I asked my word muffled as I still hid in my arms.

"We have to go to tonight's party."

"No." I sighed.

"But it's going to be lit."

"That sentence does little to excite me about it."

"You talk so old, you know that?" I raised my head and shot my mother a look, she giggled and finished cooking.

"Gale," I turned to see his mouth full and furrowed my brows, looking over to see he had begun to steal part of what my mother had cooked. I sighed. "I'm glad we don't share a school." He laughed instead and I shook my head, standing so I could wash the dishes my mom made from cooking. She kissed my head and I growled for Gale to stop eating out dinner before we had decided to want it.

I set the table right after and my little brother came down the stairs, yawning and his hands wet. I raised a brow.

"Why are they wet?" I asked him immediately and he brought his hands up, tilting his head to the side and pouting.